PL Harboreal a29

whitebenoit

L1: Registered
Sep 4, 2022
whitebenoit submitted a new resource:

Harboreal - Payload version of CoD1's harbor

Hello,

INTRO
This map is a payload version of the original Harbor map from Call of Duty. The general buildings are in the same spots but there is many many changes to make it fit tf2's and payload's gameplay. On the original map part, there is way more secondary path and verticality. I also added a building in the top of the map (where the last point is).

LORE
While I don't have the model and I haven't done the detailing, I imagined the lore to be something like the Thing (John Carpenter)...

Read more about this resource...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022
whitebenoit updated Harboreal with a new update entry:

Visual update

Gameplay
- Added containers below hanged access to add a way to drop without damages and give access for mobile classes
- Added containers next to blue spawn to give cover when pushing along the road
- Added containers between blue spawn and garage to give more variety on the space
- Moved truck in front of blue spawn to block sniper view between the hangar doors
- Other miscellaneous props

Visuals
- Updated the displacements around the map
- Lights in blue spawn
- Corrected...

Read the rest of this update entry...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022
FEEDBACK for the test of the a4 on the 08/09/2022
First of all, thank you guys for testing the map
1 - The main feedback that I got was the lack of focus given to players. There has been a lot of fight in the tree hangar where I though only backdooring classes would go until the cart arrived there.
-> To solves this, I think blocking blue access to the last hangar until the last point. To do that, the blue entrance and the bottom entrance would only open at the third point (right at the entrance). The other two will be given one-way door, this should reduce spawn camping from that side while still allowing escapes.
In the same direction, I think closing the bottom garage (below the metal structure in front of blue spawn) would be great, at least until the second point is capped (at the dock near red spawn). Almost no fights happened there so this should no be a huge issue.
Some billboard with the arrows pointing at the current point should be added.
2 - The cart can block people
-> I need to find how to stop people from getting stuck in the cart. Also, some doors where the cart passes need to be slightly enlarged so people can go around the cart even when its in the doorway.
3 - Blue spawn door not opening
-> I messed up in making them and they only unlock on start, you need to go in the trigger again. I will fix this
4 - Blue spawn too big
-> I don't think this mostly compounding on the focus problem, but I'll look into it.

If I missed something, please feel free to remind me.

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a8 - Changes from tests

Changelog
MAP :
-> Overall height of floors has been reduced, making building less tall.
This is a feedback from play tests. This should reduce power class dominating some area too easily and make movement around the map easier for scouts. The overall layout is unaffected by those changes.
-> Remove "truck area" as well as entrances connected to it. replaced it with a non-accessible building with props and entrances to give BLUs cover in the alley.
The idea was to channel blu on...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a13 - Added temporary doors unlock with progression

Changelog
MAP :
-> New set of doors on in garage. One door to C is opened when B is captured. Two doors on a new passage from garage to upper-garage are opened when C is captured.
-> New one way doors around D point. One for blue to help them get the upper-grarage building more easily. One for red to reduce spawn camping coming from last D point.
-> Windows for upper garage to blu spawn to stop spawn camping and direct players to A
-> Added a safe spot for teleporters at the upper exit of...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a14 - Added a forward blu spawn

Changelog
MAP :
-> Added a forward blu spawn next to Alley/point A that unlock when point A is captured.
-> Removed new doors from a13. Also removed glass from upper-garage but kept the side access from garage to upper-garage.
-> Change Alley crates to make it a better sentry spot now that enemies can more easily come from behind
-> Reworked dock area to better suit the new blu spawn. Mainly, change a container to stop sniper sight lines
-> Added some container below the house below red...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a15 - New Red Spawn and other changes

Changelog
MAP :
-> Completely new red spawn with new exits blocking flanking blu players.
-> Updated D point room with more blocking element for side door. Side door now see through for better attack
-> Updated red access of the D point to have a closed access from their spawn to stop looping players' spawn camping there too easily.
-> Added an door to this red access with the archive building so blu can still flank the D point
-> Remove the advance blu spawn and replaced it with a hallway...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a17 - Changes to balancing and middle of the map

Changelog
MAP :
-> New blu dock area with walkway to the alley point
-> Made the alley point higher with walkway to get to it for better defensibility and more height variety in the map (changes have been made to fit the passageways to other areas form it)
-> Added new containers to the main dock sides to reduce sight lines and increase platforms for vertical angle of attacks.
-> Moved the health/ammo in docks to help attackers and increase respawn time for defenders on C point (goes back to...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a20 - Changes to balancing and middle of the map

Changelog
MAP :
-> New building "loading" in the B to C path. This should reduce sight-lines and make fighting here more easy for red engineer and help red position in the building on their side.
-> Improved pickups on defence side to help prolonged fights without distributors.
-> New decoration on docks and a light in the crate on B
-> Respawn time as been adjusted again to avoid too long respawn for red after point A.

KNOW ISSUES :
-> The red/white brick wall texture has a strange...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a21 - Moving the points position to reduce "Choke-iness" and improve flow

Changelog
MAP :
-> A was moved slightly back and the Garage window was removed to help make the approach more interesting and allow blu some flanking options.
-> B was move to inside the Dock building to focus defense inside and increase "point B to C" travel time. Additionally, a door was added on the shortcut from blue spawn to B and a door was moved int on this building (Alley side) to help Blu keep this zone and reduce Red capacity to hold the Alley after A has been captured.
-> C was...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

version a22 - Giant tree root replacement

Changelog
MAP :
-> A lot of giant tree roots have been added to various spot around the map. Some replace already existing planks/higher(up positions, some add new such positions and some are simply line of sight blockers or decors.
-> Point D was modified to have more covers for blue and red to make it more interesting and less of a slaughter house/grind fest.
-> A giant tree was added to last point, to the sky box and the "start of the game" text was changed to refer to The corrupted tree...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

a25 - Postrevamping adjustment on last

Changelog
MAP :
-> Slightly changed the area before point A to help engineers of both sides.
-> Lowered the last point to allow entry from the container next to the dock.
-> Improved ramps onto the dock main building's "roof" for both sides
-> Modified red's access to point A to not have it arrives directly at the top of the stairs
-> Added door that lock red's direct access to point A after B is captured
-> Added an exit to red spawn on last point's side to reduce spawn camping when B is...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

a27 - Changes in last point

Changelog
MAP :
-> Removed the last point from building in front of red spawn and readded the old last point building from previous version at the end of the track
-> Added a secondary red spawn connected to the original that makes it faster for red to get into the last point
-> Small change on point A to reduce spamming from elevated position without committing to getting into the garage

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

a28 - Secondary red respawn

Changelog
MAP :
-> Moved the secondary red spawn (after B capped) behind the tree
-> Removed access to the first red respawn room after B capped
-> Slight last point modification to reduce spawn camping on the exits
-> Changes on point A to give more engineers spots inside the room
-> Changes inside the central building ground floor to open it more for better sentry spots
-> Added a pathway for blu secondary spawn and turn the spawner when B is capped so player use the newly unlock...

whitebenoit

Sep 4, 2022

a28 - New approach to point A and new building on docks

Changelog
MAP :
-> Change completely the starting ramp going into A to make the angles more interesting and less choky.
-> Replaces the props on both side of the factory building to improve climbing them (and making it more clear they can be climbed).
-> Added some pickups around the maps (or increase some of the already present)
-> Increase spawn cooldown for red on last point