[GUIDE] The best way to organize your custom content

Gatorix

L1: Registered
May 6, 2015
They weren't originally there. However, when I started up the game, I was faced with the Engine Error popup mentioned earlier. It automatically closed tf2. Then, when I try to recompile the map, hammer gives me a regular error popup stating that a folder I don't recognize is trying to be searched. When I open the tf_dev, 3 new folders are suddenly present. I delete them, and hammer can compile, but the game will throw the Engine Error popup. It's kind of a vicious cycle...

Since this is not a familiar issue to you, I'm wondering if I can somehow turn the 3 folders into viable search paths... Sorry for all the inconvenience.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
They weren't originally there. However, when I started up the game, I was faced with the Engine Error popup mentioned earlier. It automatically closed tf2. Then, when I try to recompile the map, hammer gives me a regular error popup stating that a folder I don't recognize is trying to be searched. When I open the tf_dev, 3 new folders are suddenly present. I delete them, and hammer can compile, but the game will throw the Engine Error popup. It's kind of a vicious cycle...

Since this is not a familiar issue to you, I'm wondering if I can somehow turn the 3 folders into viable search paths... Sorry for all the inconvenience.

It's fine. I have no idea why that would be happening to you if you're sure you have the gameinfo set up correctly. Can I see the gameinfo code you edited?

Gatorix

L1: Registered
May 6, 2015
I thought I copied your tutorial fine, and for the past 1.5 days, it was. But now it's acting up.
tf_dev gameinfo.txt problem.PNG

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
I thought I copied your tutorial fine, and for the past 1.5 days, it was. But now it's acting up.
tf_dev gameinfo.txt problem.PNG

I really have no clue. I don't think this content method is going to mess with items_game at all. You sure you didn't do something in between setting up my method and having these problems?

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
Is there some way you could select a folder on a different hard disc.