Good Wii games? 2 Player

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
I definitely agree with Expiriment Kow, Mario Kart DS was definitely the best in terms of gameplay mechanics and tracks. Mario Kart 64 would have to come in second.

With Mario Kart Wii, the hardcore aspect has been totally ruined. What happened to the D-Pad wiggling of mini-turbos? The new items in that version are also terrible. They just make the game so much more luck-based and less fun. I know how it feels to get hit by a Red Shell, then a Lightning Bolt followed by a Bullet Bill.

Hopefully the guys at the Mario Kart Source website will be able to soon pull a great unofficial game off :D
Combine the masses of custom tracks with the popularity of online play and we could have the best Mario Kart experience yet :D

Feb 14, 2008
Get Mario Kart Wii and a cheap Gamecube or Classic Controller. I found the Wii Wheel highly frustrating and inaccurate to use. It's a really good game, even if they had to nerf turbo boosting to discourage snaking. It has 12 players and is still just as good a game, if not as good as Mario Kart DS.

Brawl is a good game... but not exactly casual controls.

I think the game you really need is WarioWare: Smooth Moves, that has some insane multiplayer and single player modes to try out.

Last edited:

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
those rabid rabit games are pretty fun. Sure its just a bunch of minigames but I found it at least enjoyable.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I tried Brawl even though i didn't want too and it was what i thought... spam spam spam hyper spam spam omg spam hyper omg spam spam....

the 2 player story was kinda fun though, i did enjoy that even though we couldn't play the characters we wanted through it.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
I've been thinking of 2 player wii games and... its tough. Not a lot of good one's out there.

I have played Trauma Center w/ coop, and it's pretty fun. You get to fight over medical tools to haphazardly fix patients, then you laugh at awkward anime cutscenes.

I've never played Raving Rabbids, but I've heard it's decent.

Unfortunately, the best games on wii are singleplayer games. The most fun I've had is with Okami (*cough* PS2 port).

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
I've been thinking of 2 player wii games and... its tough. Not a lot of good one's out there.

I have played Trauma Center w/ coop, and it's pretty fun. You get to fight over medical tools to haphazardly fix patients, then you laugh at awkward anime cutscenes.

I've never played Raving Rabbids, but I've heard it's decent.

Unfortunately, the best games on wii are singleplayer games. The most fun I've had is with Okami (*cough* PS2 port).

trauma center is awesome! w00t w00t 2 points for you

Expiriment Kow

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2009

Nothing quite like thinking you're about to sew a patient up and then noticing you're still on the scalpel AFTER doing the motions

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
for wii multiplayer I second dokapon kingdom, its ridiculously addictive with the added bonus of making you hate the people your playing with

mario kart wii is unplayable after you've played the DS version

mario party on the wii is garbage, the series has been going steadily down hill since the n64 versions

smash brothers brawl is in my opinion a game that everyone with a wii should own, and as for the spammy comment...chaos is fun, its a party game (provided you play to have fun)

despite the fact that the wiimote is the perfect medium there are yet to be any good split screen fps games for it, I suppose red steel is the best option...and that is a piece of crap...

for the wii...there aren't many options...hell, I had some people over this weekend and we broke out mario party 3 and super smash brothers on the n64 for the hell of it. Its getting more and more difficult to find new and fun multiplayer games for any console, which of course is the only reason a console should be used anyways :p

Warchamp7

L2: Junior Member
Apr 4, 2009
Learn to play Brawl, Im almost 18 and I play it :p I dont see why everyone thinks its for 4 year olds.

Who the fuck thinks its for 4 year olds. There are tournaments everywhere for it. There's a huge scene for Brawl and Melee.

DJive said:
I tried Brawl even though i didn't want too and it was what i thought... spam spam spam hyper spam spam omg spam hyper omg spam spam...

Any fighting game is spam spam spam if you just mash buttons. Also, you saying "Hyper" leads me to believe you had Smash Balls on. Dumb idea, they're unbalanced as hell.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
They are, but damn, it is fun at a party when you get the ball as Wolf and kick the crap out of everything.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
Turning the balls off was one of the first things I did. And yes, it's a fighting game. Many fighting games have passed through the domains of many console systems; few have ever reached anything I would consider "depth". But they have their charm.

One thing my wife and I like to do is team up against a couple AI with the handicap tweaked depending on whether we want a challenge or just want to knock some people around.