- Added more detail
- Updated screenshots in main post

Download:

7z
zip

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Gameday: Pretty much perfect, captured the egypt setting nicely. The medkits in the pyramid need to be small instead of medium though, it's easy to camp in there now.

n30n

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 13, 2009
Gameday: Pretty much perfect, captured the egypt setting nicely. The medkits in the pyramid need to be small instead of medium though, it's easy to camp in there now.

Thanks for feedback!

I didnt like that capping point was so hard, so ive slashed cap from 12 to 6 seconds. Medkits under stairs are small now. Removed bullet clips on side windows for some interesting sentry placement. Fixed some other minor issues as well.

Please post moar feedback!

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, was going to mention the bullet clipping. The pit udnerneath was lovely, but apparently someone fell down and didn't die? Happened near the end of the playtest, check the demo.

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
Yeah, was going to mention the bullet clipping. The pit udnerneath was lovely, but apparently someone fell down and didn't die? Happened near the end of the playtest, check the demo.

Yeah ive seen it too, fixed as well.

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
New version alpha 9b!

Changes:
-time to cap point halved
-some changes to middle to make it less campable
-fixed some misaligned textures
-fixed ability to build in certain points in spawns
-fixed not getting killed in deathpit
-some changes to accommodate snipers and engineers
and much more check it out!
Download:
zip

All feedback is much appreciated.

Edit alpha 9b

Last edited:

h3r1n6

Sep 7, 2009
The map plays nicely, I've noticed two problems though.

I think the area below the point is quite useless, even with the full healthkit. At least I never came into a situation that would call for going there.

The main exit is easily camped by a demoman/harrassed by a scout on the building right in front of it and the second exit is too far away.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Like said on gameday, maybe add another spawn spot to make the other spawn exit actually useful.

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
Thanks for feedback guys its very helpful!

New version is available to download.
Changes:
- due to excessive digging tunnels have collapsed
- second exit is considerably closer
- locked few useless areas
- changed interior of pyramid slightly
- it should be a lot easier to see on whose side of the map you're in

kothgizaa100009.jpg

kothgizaa100010.jpg

kothgizaa100011.jpg

Download:
zip

Get it while its hot!

Last edited:

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
And new version in preparation for game day ;p
Changes:
- redone eye candy area next to blu spawn to look better then donkey ass
- fixed some minor issues

Download:
zip

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
Another minor version:
- fixed some textures
- added more detailing work
- some performance fixes
- and a lot more!
Download:
zip

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
I suppose i could. Converting koth to arena should be straightforward enough. Tho id like to finalize layout before i do this. Wont take long now.
E: Ive made arena version, just few changes to accommodate arena play style. DL:zip
Sadly i know jack shit about competitive arena play :p Feel free to test it out.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2009
I love arena, so I'd love to see this on arena.

Tips for arena as far as I would go is to give the player a lot of path options(lumberyard does this, so do a lot of valve arena maps), the player only has one life, so they won't want to waste it. Also, a good arena map should be as balanced (to any class) as humanly possible, seeing as it sucks to have dominating classes (i.e. scout and sniper can be very popular in watchtower)
You should only have 1 health pack, and try to get a good amount of ammo, but not so much so that everyone is running full all the time, keep in mind ammo=engies.
Good sentry spots can be a no-no because IMO nothing is worse than a sentry stopping you from killing some retard player.

Hope that helped as far as arena goes!

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
For arena version i will reopen tunnels i guess, it should give plenty of paths. I will place health kit in death pit then. Theres maybe too much ammo atm. There arent many sniper friendly places now so it should be good. I just dunno what to do to limit scouts.

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
There arena version: [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10039"]thread[/ame].
Ive changed some more stuff day what you think!

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
New version alpha 10c
Changed and added some stuff to reduced spamfest

zip

Due to my inability to design perfect map this most likely will be abandoned soon.
Anything less then perfect is unacceptable.