Getting stuck in the floor

aturri

L1: Registered
May 10, 2023
I just started using Hammer for the first time about an hour ago, and I have a problem where every time I run my map I get stuck in the floor unable to move until I fire and reload my weapon. My spawn point is above the ground, so I don't understand why this could be happening.

aturri

May 10, 2023
How far off the ground is it? Is the bounding box of the spawn point touching anything else around it? You want to make sure each point has a lot of room
I've been following your series on Youtube, so I made sure to put it high off the ground. The bottom of it would be around a Scout's head, and none of the sides are very close to any walls. When I run the map I don't even fall, I just spawn in stuck in the floor. And for some reason, I have to shoot in a certain direction and wait for the reload animation to finish in order to move.

Last edited:

aturri

May 10, 2023
I've been following your series on Youtube, so I made sure to put it high off the ground. The bottom of it would be around a Scout's head, and none of the sides are very close to any walls. When I run the map I don't even fall, I just spawn in stuck in the floor. And for some reason, I have to shoot in a certain direction and wait for the reload animation to finish.
I think it might be an error with the game... Whenever I make an empty server to practice rocket jumping, the same thing happens. So I think it could just happen whenever the "Waiting for players" screen appears.

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
Make sure the spawnpoint's team is set to Red or Blue, not "Any" which I believe actually means none unless it has spawnroom logic supporting it like in Hydro.