Gameday XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
Hrm, it's getting late, but realistically you should test the rounds as one map. Please try to combine.

sorry, but we're testing the rounds seperately. we have not combined yet, as we havent seen an update in a little while from the guy doing round 2:blushing:. its okay, you dont have to play them right after each other.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Wow, I actually have a chance to get my map uploaded for Gameday anyway, if I can get rid of ONE little bug in the few hours that are left

Unless I'm wrong, 9 pm EST would be in... 5 1/2 hours from the time of this post. Right?

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Well, I've been working on my map for hours (it is now 1:30 am here), and even though I haven't completely finished a1, I decided I'd try to get it on Gameday.

EDIT 2: Aaand after all that work, I noticed all problems like what I just told about, must be fixed. Just forget it then.

Last edited:

Spacemonkeynz

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 31, 2008
pl_cave_b6
Download: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=511
Map is for testing: Yes

It's a 3 round payload map.

Most of the changes since the last version (b4) have been made in the last round (round 3).

So it might be a good idea for Red to let Blu win at the end of round 1 and round 2, so that the map will progress on to the next stage and all 3 rounds getting to be tested, as opposed to the map starting again with round 1.

Last edited:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
Well it's a tad late, but tc_meridian_a4b for testing
Download Map

This is ONLY for this gameday, to make sure the CP system isn't horribly broken (I already know that defense rounds fail to disable attacker CPs, and signage still says "intelligence"). Obviously anyone who wants is still free to download this version, but server admins should be advised a beta should be following early next week.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I have to agree with Youme. If the number of maps submitted for gamedays is an issue, I would rather see a max number of maps than to start cutting the testing time by a third.

Also, by using 30 minute segments, it makes a schedule easy to formulate, and people will know about when certain maps are going to be played. Even if the gameday shifts a little early or a little behind schedule, there's enough leeway in half an hour that nobody is likely to miss an entire map.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
2 minutes taken up downloading, the following 2 minutes by everyone joining and the slow ones getting in, thats down to 16 minutes, next 4-6 minutes no one knows whats going on, now we're at 10 minutes for actual gameplay, thats an optamistic barely anything and I've seen how these gamedays go, 20 minutes is an insult to anyone wanting a test

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
2 minutes taken up downloading, the following 2 minutes by everyone joining and the slow ones getting in, thats down to 16 minutes, next 4-6 minutes no one knows whats going on, now we're at 10 minutes for actual gameplay, thats an optamistic barely anything and I've seen how these gamedays go, 20 minutes is an insult to anyone wanting a test

surprisingly, I agree.

do many people usually play through the whole gameday anyways? I know I never do. although Im not an avid map tester, so I wouldnt know:D

breadheadfred, keep up the work for next gameday. I cant wait to try out your map!:thumbup:

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
ill try to be there the entire time, I haven't marathoned TF2 in a while and my door is locked and none of my friends have heard from me in a while so no one knows I'm alive right now, much less be able to bother me :)

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
are the same maps played on both gamedays? if so, I would appreciate it if you didnt play my map on sunday (cp_backfire_round3_a1). as you all know, that chokepoint was horrible, and I dont think it will help playing it again until I fix the chokepoint. I won't be able to get a new version in, either, because for some reason my map takes forever to compile, so I need to fix that. as in, 5 hours to compile. yeah.:cursing:

thanks

T

The Asylum

From what I heard, there were issues with the spawn doors on my map (cp_cagematch_b2), though I didn't encounter anything wierd with them (mind you I was playing RED the whole time) If it's really that game-breaking, don't feel like you have to play it tomorrow

Plus, I think I should extend the cap time. By a lot.

NumbersAndNoise

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2008
Please take mine, cp_cliffside, out of today's rotation too. I'm working on scaling it down to .75, but until that's done, I think it's just not ready to be played. Thanks for all the feedback yesterday, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.