Fishladder

PLR Fishladder 3

Malachite Man

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 16, 2015
SURPISE FEEDBACK!
plr_fishladder30000.jpg

I honestly feel like the fishladder logo could be used more instead of just one place.
plr_fishladder30001.jpg

Ugly z-fighting.
plr_fishladder30002.jpg

This looks really strected in.
plr_fishladder30003.jpg

These roofs look really flat maybe have better roofs instead of just one texture slaped on to a face.
plr_fishladder30004.jpg

I feel like this area could use more clutter in it.
plr_fishladder30005.jpg

This area seems like dead space with nothing in it.
plr_fishladder30007.jpg
i do not think i should see this through the window.

I hope my feedback was useful about 98% of problems i compilaned about were fixed and this is all around a great update!

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Mal Man: come on you cant ding me for skybox stuff. especially when you are flying around in noclip :p

as far as the logo.. i dunno i am not super fond of it. i like it enough to use it, but i dont want to make it a focus by splashing it around everywhere. i almost just cut it completely, but couldn't let the pun die.

I dunno about that window. open or closed it of little value as a window... but as a light.. its pretty useful.

but i will own that zfighting spot. i am a bad mapper. bad me. i'll go uninstall.

cheers!

Malachite Man

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 16, 2015
Mal Man: come on you cant ding me for skybox stuff. especially when you are flying around in noclip :p

as far as the logo.. i dunno i am not super fond of it. i like it enough to use it, but i dont want to make it a focus by splashing it around everywhere. i almost just cut it completely, but couldn't let the pun die.

I dunno about that window. open or closed it of little value as a window... but as a light.. its pretty useful.

but i will own that zfighting spot. i am a bad mapper. bad me. i'll go uninstall.

cheers!
i like the logo it is very well done and the fish looks cool also your not a bad mapper really your one of my favorite mappers

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
HMMM weird on that vent... one must be loose in one of the instances. cool... noted.

German sign is there cause it is blue and i didnt feel like making a new one yet.

Hmmm i dont see that on my machine... i'll poke at it from a few angles, but i rebuilt the wall there shouldn't be any zfighting as door that gets removed is the exact shape of the hole. Might be some light map issues. The face is cut up there a bit, that might be when the light maps are mipping... it might also be the blast mark from the barrel... dunno i'll poke at it.

not soon tho.. i hope. this map is more or less done... i could detail it out more, but it really doesnt need anything else. the point has been made. it could use a proper skybox maybe... if i am feeling it in a few weeks, we'll see. Right about now, it needs a few playtests to see if continues to be fun to play.

cheers :D

r13

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
checked out this map a bit, here's some feedback.
20161203021426_1.jpg

I can hide stickies in this door

20161203021441_1.jpg

20161203021443_1.jpg

There's some weird stuff with this walkway and the water. It snaps from visible through it to not visible really quickly.

20161203021627_1.jpg

20161203021700_1.jpg

So many props are viewable all the time in this map it's a bit ridiculous. Idk if there is much that can be done about it with the maps current design.

The only other thing I've got to say about the map is that the second fly back for the cart could use some smoothing out to look more believable. Overall it's a neat map with an interesting map feature that doesn't feel like a gimmick.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014