CTF Facility

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Vaconcovat, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Vaconcovat

Vaconcovat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    This was my first attempt at a "normal" map in tf2, after creating many idle/achievement maps, and learning the tricks of the trade there. Unfortunately, i didn't learn much about layout and design. Anyway, this is what resulted.

ctf_facility by Vaconcovat

Symmetrical ctf map situated inside... some... facility. The idea of the layout is a 3-story base with the access to the intel hidden on the top floor, and spawns on the 1st and 2nd. There are many chasms and death pits, inculding the intelligence being suspended over a large chasm.

WARNING: OUTDATED SCREENS, tf2 is updating right now, so i'll update the screens in a second. :sleep:

Yes i do know how to turn off my viewmodels, these are outdated

2. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    I'll have a run around it in a little bit, but please tell me that I'm not seeing long open hallways ripe for spamming down

3. Vaconcovat

Positive Ratings:
    As far as i'm concerned, you're not seeing too many long hallways, but the layout is flawed, you can use a demo/solly to instantly jump up to the third level and skip having to move though the first and second. I know it's not perfect, but this was my first attempt.

4. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    There are way too many lights in screenshot 3

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    and 4 and 5 ...

and not enough in 2 and 3.

6. Vaconcovat

Positive Ratings:
    Bleugh, I never really liked this map. I resorted to filling rooms with props and lights, and it just feels cramped and silly. For my first attempt, at least i got the entities and etc working, and some attempt at detailing.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm more than certain there are a billion other maps named 'Facility'.