Exhaust

ARENA Exhaust _b2

Oct 15, 2018
Huwareyou submitted a new resource:

Exhuast - Fight over the suspicious facility near the great hydroelectric plant

A small, fast paced arena map with a hydro-desert theming. For this map I opted to include quite a bit of minimalist detailing, such as proper stairs and thematically appropriate props such as consoles and other spytech props.

Hope you all enjoy this brand new arena map :)

Read more about this resource...

Oct 15, 2018
Hey all, I've received a fair bit of feedback on the latest version (a2), but I was wondering if anyone had some in-depth feedback on what I could do to improve the map further.

Current complaints about the map is that the mid is bland and almost like a koth map - unfortunately the mid being like a koth map is an unfortunate byproduct of the fact I chose rotational symmetry rather than mirrored.

Any in-depth feedback would be much appreciated, thanks again for playing my map and enjoying it!

Oct 15, 2018
Huwareyou updated Exhaust with a new update entry:

a4 update

a4 update:

- Changed point capture time from 30 seconds to 24 (Hammer value from 15 to 12).
- Fixed stuck out clipping on part of the fences near spawns.
- More clearly marked some roofs as inaccessible.
- Removed the spectator camera near the cliff as it looked ugly (Will probably return eventually).
- The cliffs area is 128 HU longer with more railings. Upgraded the medium health pack near cliffs to be a full pack.
- Removed the spectator camera at cliffs.
- Added 128 HU more outside area...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oct 15, 2018

a5 update

a5 update:

- Changed point capture time from 24 seconds to 26 (Hammer value from 12 to 13).
- Increased the height of the mid section of the backrooms to 64 HU, up from 32 HU.
- Removed the gray barrels either side of the backrooms on the sides of the entrance to the control point courtyard.
- Removed the two angled fences next to the door from the control point courtyard to the cliffs building.
- Reverted the large health pack near cliffs back to a medium health kit to improve balance.

Oct 15, 2018

a6 update:

a6 update:

- Removed the death pit area and replaced the doorway with a small cupboard with a small health kit. The area is now called cupboards.
- The stairs leading to the point in cupboards has been rearranged with diagonal stairs.
- Extended the hallway from the monitor rooms to the backrooms, and greatly expanded the height and width of the doorways to make the indoor routes less tight.
- Redesigned the connecting area between the point and cupboards - there is now a wooden room with...

Oct 15, 2018

a7 update

a7 update:

The Final days of alpha

- Started some detailing around the back area and cupboards.
- Changed point capture time from 26 seconds to 20 (Hammer value from 13 to 10).
- Control point enable time has been reduced to 40 seconds from 60.
- Simplified the weird geometry leading into the cupboards from spawn, it's now a much gentler slope without weird ups and downs.
- Turned much of the ground near mid into gentle displacements.
- Improved some roofs to be easier for detailing soon :).

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
teaser
1724994656835.png

1724994683866.png

1724994713218.png

Oct 15, 2018

B2 - Justice, at last

Hey, Tiftid here (although Huwareyou's account will post this message).

I originally artpassed this map in 2023 in the span of ten short days.
I then gave it "fake arena" logic in the hopes of managing to hustle Valve to get a map in the game, for Huwareyou's sake.
This failed, leaving both of us a bit dejected.
But we're all better now, and so I decided to revisit the map to do it justice.

• Changed the skybox from sky_upward to the more saturated and cheerful sky_tf2_04...