El Vvis

PD El Vvis 3

Jekyllson

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2015
Yeah, I'm loving what you did with the colours. Green and purple in TF2, with a bit of teal mixed in? Beautiful!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Screenshot number 5, at the left, there's a corner where the bricks don't line up. Just an FYI.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
We imp'd the map last night and left some feedback.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Wow, your ambient color is very very purple.

I'm trying to go with a "golden hour" lighting scheme and work with the team colored assets from the mayann pack at the same time. They have so much color in them, that i put 50% more color in the light than i probably would have normally. They were just popping out of the wall composition with my more typical lighting. By giving the light more color, i was trying to help raise the general ambient colors to help balance out the frames.

Last edited:

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
yeah, i went with deeper colors than normal to try to work with the team colored mayann assets. They have so much color in them that i felt it was necessary.

I know I might have an unpopular opinion, but I would remove the red/blue and gold Mayann assets entirely. They look bad in TF2, way too vibrant. Stick to the stone trims and tone your purple ambient tones back a bit. Otherwise it looks really nice.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Thanks!

I might reskin the frames. The models work fine, and i like using colored versions, but they were a challenge to use. I tried the plain stone skins, but that just meant i had to put another sign or overlay or something to help identify which side you where on. seemed busy when i tried that. cheers though.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I'm having a problem with the detail grass textures. It works on my machine as they say... this is with me pulling the detail.vbsp out of the directory structure and then loading what i get from steam. but on a playtest on a public server last night it didn't work. all we saw was the purple and black error textures. then i log out and load it locally and it works again.

any thoughts?

It was a weird one, but i figured it out Cheers.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I'm currently working on clipping the trees and bits. making the map a lil smaller. I'm chopping the corner rooms/hallways basically. I'll have a new version in a few days, with the textures fixed and maybe new Spanish themed voice overs.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I know I might have an unpopular opinion, but I would remove the red/blue and gold Mayann assets entirely. They look bad in TF2, way too vibrant. Stick to the stone trims and tone your purple ambient tones back a bit. Otherwise it looks really nice.

I pulled about 20% of the color of the light and fog. its a lot cleaner. cheers.