Dual payload

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I wonder how the red cart will look like.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
The red cart is already in the tf2 model viewer (lol, DaBeatzProject beat me to it). They even have added all the textures needed for a red payload progress bar (no neutral one though which i had to make myself for pl_donut_b3). Icarus and Z33W13R made a 3color payload cart and that one also only includes the gray textures.

Also, the map will simply start with pl_ as you can already find out in cp_ maps. there are like 3 diffirent types of cp_ maps (linear 5cp, A/D gravelpit, A/D multistage/steel) and all use the same tag so for pl_ im sure they will do the same. Valve wants to prevent making alot of new tags to keep it more simple in recognising map types.

I just hope that the map will suit IR or have shorter respawn times than badwater and goldrush. I dont like to wait for 20 seconds for a respawn. And at least badwater does well with IR (it actualy does even better by making the map a bit harder but not overkill!) unlike goldrush.

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009
It's going to be so weird to see a red cart. Makes what's left of my brain want to explode.

Back from that tangent... I'm betting the new gamemode being along the lines of a king of the hill style mode. Get points while you hold the cp. So no one go worrying about a variation of payload maps. Valve's better than that.

dk0tp

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2009
I wonder how they'll make it, payload maps are already really suited for camping engies, and now that both sides are defending, it will undoubtedly become a statemate... unless Valve somehow thought of an ingenious way to prevent engies from doing so.

We shall see

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Yes but that is wrong, RED doesnt have the tech to create a bomb like that. Its too blu style. If they dont bring in a new model for the cart I say they fail.

Did everybody forget about spytech or something?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Uh... yeah, don't confuse RED's facade with what RED is. They can build a rocket in a mining facility, a bigger rocket in a beer factory, a bunch of small rockets in a granary, an extensive underground base, etc., etc. And you mean to say they cannot build a measly little bomb cart?

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
Yes but that is wrong, RED doesnt have the tech to create a bomb like that. Its too blu style. If they dont bring in a new model for the cart I say they fail.

What you mean too BLU style?
I think Red Excavation Demolition fits better as the payloaders than BLU.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
lol I just posted those on the steam forums. In fact, those are my screenshots

:p

Nova found them, though. I just told the steam forums, that's all

JohnnyB.Morbid

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2009
i just got them off steam. lol

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Those HUD things are old (2008 :p). The overlays are new though, there is also a prop version of them.

I think there is a (not very small) possibility they added the code (and entities) for the dualpayload with the update.

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I think there is a (not very small) possibility they added the code (and entities) for the dualpayload with the update.

This kind of supports the fact that the dual payload was supposed to be in the update (as the sixth or earlier item), but something at VALVe HQ went wrong and now we don't have the map itself, but do have the map content.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Yes, it wouldn't be the first time that some code was left in in a build, they just didn't finish the map yet. (like badwater, not properly detailed?)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yes, it wouldn't be the first time that some code was left in in a build, they just didn't finish the map yet. (like badwater, not properly detailed?)

Hopefully not, We let dario (maker of badwater) know that the lack of detail was deeply unsettling to the mapping community and I think he'll have taken that on board and done a good job. that is, if he's the one doing the new payload map...