Does TF2maps.net want their own 6v9 thing?

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
I like the map release requirement. Otherwise we could get ppl with 1 post on the forums signing up, obviously just looking to piggyback

Isn't there some kind of tryout Cerious?

Also, hopefully there'll be a week or so for some practice. Could get ugly

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
I'll try to get some tryouts (just to see if you have Ventrilo + a mic, and you're halfway decent at the game) but I'm giving priority to the mapmakers who have their maps being played in the match.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I dont like the map release requirement but i am not just saying that because i dont have maps. You could look if they are active and give feedback in threads, or post limits. Because i am sure i am not the only one here whos not a mapper that wants to play competitive tf2, i have played it before and its a great time.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I dont like the map release requirement but i am not just saying that because i dont have maps. You could look if they are active and give feedback in threads, or post limits. Because i am sure i am not the only one here whos not a mapper that wants to play competitive tf2, i have played it before and its a great time.
i agree. some members aren't really mappers but like the community and stick around to help mappers with feedback/etc.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
i agree. some members aren't really mappers but like the community and stick around to help mappers with feedback/etc.

Yea I also heard about some guy who has released a few libraries that everyone uses, and he is also very good with entities, and usually always helps when he is in the chat, which i s alot of time. Cant say this dude has done anything too big to the community so I guess he doesnt count either (I'm not serious)

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008
Fine, I'll make the requirements 50 posts minimum (to prevent newbies taking up the slots).

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Yea I also heard about some guy who has released a few libraries that everyone uses, and he is also very good with entities, and usually always helps when he is in the chat, which i s alot of time. Cant say this dude has done anything too big to the community so I guess he doesnt count either (I'm not serious)
I qualify anyway.
[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=7224"]CP Stormcaller - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=7742"]PLR Boojum's unnamed project [Contest Entry] - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

edit: whoa, when'd we get this auto-titling thing for in-forum urls? o_O

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
edit: whoa, when'd we get this auto-titling thing for in-forum urls? o_O

It's back. I remember it being there for a short while a long time ago. And I don't like it very much, it keeps getting rid of my line breaks after links.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I noticed that and didn't get what was going on, it's icky. D: At least a way to disable it would be nice. like the checkbox for media embed.

oops. derail. :( /me puts train back on tracks