Does TF2maps.net want their own 6v9 thing?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I'd love to play medic or spy but my mic use is rare and intermittent (parents, ugh) so I doubt I'd qualify.

However, I do have great interest in it, and would love to get some comp players on Furnace.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
I'd love to play medic or spy but my mic use is rare and intermittent (parents, ugh) so I doubt I'd qualify.

However, I do have great interest in it, and would love to get some comp players on Furnace.

Close the door when you play, turn up your outbound to max, and whisper into the mic. People will hear you just fine.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
As someone who was there for the first one, my advice is not playing if you're not confident about your skills and conscious about mean people judging them. A problem none of you guys seem to have, though.

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008
Woah woah, no need to sign up just yet. It seems that there is enough interest, so I'll start signing people up tomorrow after the match with Xensity (or on Thursday).

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
As someone who was there for the first one, my advice is not playing if you're not confident about your skills and conscious about mean people judging them. A problem none of you guys seem to have, though.

O really who were you?

I was the medic :)

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Sure il play since my comp. team is taking a break right now anyway.

Soldier please, but anything will do as long as its not sniper or scout.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
I wasn't in it, I just watched you guys and made faces as you lost. :p

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008
Alright, I'll start working down a solid ruleset and figuring out the maps... signups will start Friday or Thursday, and the match will not conflict with Gameday hopefully.

Jimmy

Jul 6, 2009
Id love to play, I dont think Id be allowed cause I played on the steam forums one but hell yeah Id give it a bash :D, though this time I hope I dont get subbed as engie :(.

If signups have started I call sniper! :p

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008
I'm rebooting signups again later today at 5:00 PM PST (6 hours from now) in a different thread.

Maps will be nothing too established - cp_waste_final, ctf_aurora_rc, and cp_furnace_b3 (if the pros would do a fourth for kicks I'll throw in cp_glacier_rc to seal the deal).

EDIT: Also, to participate, you MUST have made some map release. Could be anything from an dev-textured alpha to a fully detailed, finalized map.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I love where this is going :D Has anybody called Heavy yet?

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
It might be cool for you to carry this from community to community.

In steam your putting 9 strangers together but if you go to specific communities there's a good chance people know each other a fair bit and thus it'll work together better.

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Cerious I just noticed this and I'd love to join. I haven't played in any leagues lately but I know strats and whatnot, plus I can play Scout/Pyro/Sniper or whatever is needed. ^_^

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I'm rebooting signups again later today at 5:00 PM PST (6 hours from now) in a different thread.

Maps will be nothing too established - cp_waste_final, ctf_aurora_rc, and cp_furnace_b3 (if the pros would do a fourth for kicks I'll throw in cp_glacier_rc to seal the deal).

EDIT: Also, to participate, you MUST have made some map release. Could be anything from an dev-textured alpha to a fully detailed, finalized map.

meh

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008

D: not trying to lock the site admin out, but I don't want people who have generally made no maps at all to participate, because then it wouldn't really be a mapper's 6v9 (of course, I could make exceptions for you).

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
D: not trying to lock the site admin out, but I don't want people who have generally made no maps at all to participate, because then it wouldn't really be a mapper's 6v9 (of course, I could make exceptions for you).
i dont want people in spec to see how bad i am tho :(