disable pd cap on next timer hit ? (then lock a cap)

Top sporing fungi

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2022
basically I want the pd capzone to be linked to a capture point (if you cap it, the zone disappears until next opened where the cap will be blocked :

Here's basically what I mean;
-there are 2 pd capture zones(1 for each team) as well as 2 traditionnal (regular) caps
-the gamemode is pd so capping the regular points don't win the game
-current logic is the dev community base Found here.

-however I'd like it if capping a regular point would disable the pd cap the next time it opens up (basically rendering it useless for this timer hit until the next one)
-Also the regular capture point would have to be locked until a second timer hit to prevent a team's pd cap to be permanently locked.

I have a vague idea of how to do that but I'm not sure if the logic I'm thinking about exists

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
First step is to separate the PD capzone enabling into a logic_relay while keeping the disable in the pd_timer

pd_timer has:
OnTimer / capzone_red_relay / Trigger OnTimer / capzone_blu_relay / Trigger OnTimer / capzone_red / disable / on a 30s delay OnTimer / capzone_blu / disable / on a 30s delay

on the capzone_red_relay (duplicate for blu):
OnTrigger / capzone_red / enable

Now you can enable/disable the logic_relay and whenever it's normally time to enable the PD zone, it either will, or won't

I don't know exactly how your cap points are enabling and disabling each team's zones so i can't give you a full breakdown, but if you want it so a team has to have both points to cap in the PD zone, you could have two math_counters, one for each team:

in the trigger_capture_area for each control point do
OnCapTeam1 / red_counter / add / 1 OnCapTeam2 / red_counter / add / -1 OnCapTeam1 / blue_counter / add / 1 OnCapTeam2 / blue_counter / add / -1

This will make the value of the math_counters always equal to the number of control points each team has, you can send an OutValue to a logic_compare and enable the capzone_red_relay when it's 2 and disable it when it's any other value

Last edited: