Devil's Cornfield

Devil's Cornfield - plr_cornfield C1

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I think I'm missing the appropriate "devil's cornfield" and "box" reference here...

But I thought of a certain game... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdeEUucqThg"]YouTube - Grim Fandango: The Angelitos[/ame]

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Don't be a lame copycat - remove the ship from the skybox.

I'd suggest you move your stages much closer together so that the skybox doesnt move so much from one to another, this will also remove the problem of one stage seeing the other end of the skybox as a solid colour due to the fog distance.

Sep 12, 2008
Don't be a lame copycat - remove the ship from the skybox.

I'd suggest you move your stages much closer together so that the skybox doesnt move so much from one to another, this will also remove the problem of one stage seeing the other end of the skybox as a solid colour due to the fog distance.

I'm not sure what you meant there. I didn't copy the ship. I don't know any other map that has that. This is just my first try at the 3D-skybox, and it's probably going to get redone since it's just a displacement floor and some hills.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
cp_glacier has the ship half sunk into a glacier in it's skybox, clearly visible from point B

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Played it a few time syesterday, I enjoyed the map- my main gripe was that the bit in one stage (either one or two- can't recall) where both teams tracks go down, crossover and then back up underneath a sort of building in the middle. This bottom bit has a wooden base that is really annoying because you have to jump up to get up it from the side passages.
Perhaps add some friendly clipping here.

Also in the third stage with no set up times, I noticied soldiers and demomen could get onto the centre buildings roof in some spots, not sure if this is deliberate but I thought I had better point it out.

Keep up the good work:)

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Played this last night - I really enjoyed it, particularly the final stage. I found it to be really creative in terms of layout. I did feel that there were some sidepaths that were mostly neglected, like Radaka mentioned.

Loved the Mann Co box as well :D

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks a bunch for the positive replies guys!
I detailed some more in the final stage, the biggest central building to be precise. Here are some pics:
plr_cornfield_a70004.jpg

plr_cornfield_a70006.jpg

plr_cornfield_a70007.jpg

The BLU side:
plr_cornfield_a70008.jpg

The RED side:
plr_cornfield_a70009.jpg

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I like the "technical" side of it (your brushwork, use of textures, etc), but I think the contrasts are too big. Remember, it's a single building thus it should have a more or less consistent architechture/materials. I think it'll strike most people as weird, and stuff like the split map is just silly. :p

Sep 12, 2008
I like the "technical" side of it (your brushwork, use of textures, etc), but I think the contrasts are too big. Remember, it's a single building thus it should have a more or less consistent architechture/materials. I think it'll strike most people as weird, and stuff like the split map is just silly. :p

uhu, i'm gonna try to make a grey-ish map now. Thanks!

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
That frame needs to be 32 units off the ground! /me shakes fist in anger

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
So any improvements to the cart needed?

Only the textureless area, and maybe add some black behind the eyes?

(and the secret weapon inside box?)

The map is starting to look great with your detailing :)

I really need to play stage 1 :O

Sep 12, 2008
Don't know, but there is a triangle face inside the box that has the black/purple squared texture.

Sep 12, 2008
Woop, new idea for the finale!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7XuXPvGDU"]YouTube - plr cornfield - custom finale[/ame]

Please tell me if this is a good idea or not. I had some good reactions but some others too. I need as many opinions as possible! Thanks! :D