defector

CTF defector a2

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018
zythe_ submitted a new resource:

defector - defect the enemys raygun!

defector is a koth + ctf map where you have to take your flag to the enemys base and defend it there for 3 minutes to win! the flag is sapping the raygun. hopefully, this will encourage exciting back and forth.

Read more about this resource...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
20231203055017_1.jpg

I don't understand why you dropped the ramp but its removal is actively unhelpful for players; The ramp is a relatively safe way to get to the flag, the only reason it's not a "major" path is because it's slower. Removing the ramp means your map slows to a crawl, which it already has a problem with thanks to the decision to have the flag's timer get interrupted whenever it is picked up.
20231203055010_1.jpg

This platform needs to be wider; it feels very claustraphobic and has not a lot of room to move around in a lot of places, not helped but the railings mind you but that can be ignored if it's made larger.
20231203055746_1.jpg

As I've said to you before about this, the flag's timer getting interrupted by players picking it up is an unforgivably awful decision for this gamemode. It makes the game slow to an unbelievable crawl, and giving it a bandaid fix of lowering the timer from 3 minutes to 1 and a half ends up making teams fight even MORE vehemently to control the flag just to keep the enemy's lowered timer from ticking down! It is singlehandedly the most awful decision about the map.

(I'm sorry if this sounds mean, I'm rushing this)