Dammed

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The spawn exit next to the stairs is damn funny. If you walk slightly to the right, you'll miss the stairs and then you'll meet a deadend so what's the point? Just extend the stairs to fit the gap.

Nov 14, 2009
Here are a couple of things that I found testing it last night:
-Ridiculous sightline, intel----->intel

-Some weird clipping

-Some weird props, such as the railing in the mid that is slanted. It just looks weird

-Water in mid. It totally negates pyros on the map entirely.

-Mid healthpack in the water. For some reason, TF2 just doesnt go with healthpacks in the water. Last night, when someone discovered the pack, we were all so enamoured by it, that we got 5 people down there fighting over it. Eventualy, our team claimed it with a sentry. Then we got back to flag-capping!

-Sideroute is bad. It is both too long, and not long enough. What happens is:
1.)Enemy team comes through sideroute
2.)Ubers, and destroys sentry
3.)Leaves through sideroute
4.) There is NO WAY TO CATCH UP WITH THEM

Once someone enters the side, then they are pretty much home free. It is almost impossible to catch and kill them.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Render culling is good, but can be better with the AP things mentioned below and if the intel-intel sightline is blocked.
[04] Holy areaportal merging Batman! Any APs that have both their main surfaces on matching planes will be merged, regardless of the distance between them.
[06] The bright red lines define the leaf I am standing in, which extends out beyond the fence from which point it can see the leaves all the way over in the red base. If you put a hint along the fence (at both bases) to slice these leaves it will prevent this.
[20] Quite a bit of wasted lightmap data here, nodraw anything hidden under displacements.
[23] Only one of these APs is needed.

Too many big flat empty building surfaces, but you are probably aware of that. I'm not really feeling the theme, there is a big dam up there but nothing else in the map really seems to relate to it.
[02] I've never seen metal sheeting (by the spawn exit) have moire pattern like this, and one of the three does not. Something caused them to light poorly resulting in this.
[07] Ugly stretched visualizer.
[10] These pipes go into the roof but don't come out on the other side.
[11] It's really bright in here.
[13] Wood should be aligned vertically on the pillars. The stairs have ugly texture repetition and look really weird with the backside being stepped. The blu stairs also have a misaligned side texture.
[14] This edge looks really horrible.
[15] These structures are just strange, I don't quite get what they are supposed to be and the pipes add to the weirdness.
[17] Crack! The top of this door is nodraw, the trigger should be larger, and doors look weird when they open down.
[19] The cable/rings are pretty unsightly like this.
[22] Concrete doesn't float (usually).

[09] You can stand on this clip.
[21] Railings need clipping so you can't stand on the outside edge.