Cyclone

Walker

L2: Junior Member
Oct 22, 2009
I'm not going to lie, I couldn't stand defending on this map. Towards the end, the cart is higher up than the defending team's spawn, and any way up to it is incredibly out of the way, and by the time a heavy even managed to start climbing up, they've already won. And maybe it's just the fact that I wasn't around for it, but I never saw the carts meet once. This meant that the fighting was spread out all over the place, and everything was really disorganized.

Jan 31, 2008
I'm not really sure about that metal train gate serving as a doorway in a concrete building. Looks awkward to me :/

It might chanage, it's still an alpha :)

I... I don't even know where to start. You can't get to the enemy cart at the end without taking a huge backtrack. The entire thing is ENORMOUS. It takes ages to get anywhere near the enemy. If it weren't for the new cart-glow I would have been lost the entire time because of how convoluted it is. This feels like a bad gameday map from someone with 3 posts.

Are you sure you played it with 24 or more players? The map size was pretty good when I first tested it. And about taking ages to get to the enemy, are you sure you know all the paths? The distance form the spawn to the middle is very short, and equally long for both teams of course. Getting to the cart doesn't take that long either as long as you know the shortest route. And saying that a map in early alpha is bad because you're lost the first time you play it is not very constructive, you of all people should know that by now.

Hey Ace, I know a new map can be stressful, but *images*

Those are all things that will be heavily improved once the map is detailed. This is still in early alpha. Not the clipping thing though, thanks for that :)

I really like the layout of the map, but the texturing needs a bit of tweaking (I'm sure your already intending to do that). I had a really fun time, but a lot of it is a bit TOO big. Not really big, maybe like 30% too big. Its kinda complicated to get around the map, maybe throw some signs up. You also need to add gates that only open after the setup time is done. If there arnt any, then why have a setup time? Throw up some signs, make a cool spawn, and this map will be AWESOME. It feels like badwater, except plr, which is a GOOD combo, as long as it isnt REALLY big. Also, plz rename the map PLR_Anticlimatic, and dont change the ending until you get to like B1. It will be really funny.

Texturing will of course be fixed.
The setup time is there to make the team spread out a bit instead of having them all stand on the cart, doing absolutely nothing about the enemy team.

I'm not going to lie, I couldn't stand defending on this map. Towards the end, the cart is higher up than the defending team's spawn, and any way up to it is incredibly out of the way, and by the time a heavy even managed to start climbing up, they've already won. And maybe it's just the fact that I wasn't around for it, but I never saw the carts meet once. This meant that the fighting was spread out all over the place, and everything was really disorganized.

The last cap is pretty tough for the defenders, I agree. The reason I gave the attackers a major height advantage, is simply because the defenders spawn right at the cart, whereas the attackers spawn really far away. If the cart was level with the spawn, reaching the cart for the attackers would be incredibly difficult, and would most likely end up in a stalemate. About the carts rarely meeting up: it's because I wanted to give each team a choice as for how they want to balance their attack/defend ratio. It might be disorganized right now, but hopefully it will improve once people know the map's layout better.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The last cap is pretty tough for the defenders, I agree. The reason I gave the attackers a major height advantage, is simply because the defenders spawn right at the cart, whereas the attackers spawn really far away. If the cart was level with the spawn, reaching the cart for the attackers would be incredibly difficult, and would most likely end up in a stalemate.
What you've made is more than a height advantage because not only are there walls protecting the attackers, the defenders cannot even walk up there without taking 10-15 seconds to go over to the ramp. The height would probably be alright if the defenders had some kind of immediate path directly up top, even if it was in full view/spammable by the attackers.

Jan 31, 2008
Yeah I'll change things around at the last cap. I just don't want the map to be too easy to stalemate lock :)

VIVA LA NWO

L2: Junior Member
Apr 6, 2010
I've provided the demo file of the playing on TF2M, so he has seen you guys play/your comments said in the server. Just a heads up to those who haven't posted/missed things they said in the server.

Jan 31, 2008
I actually went back to work on photic some more instead of this map. a4 might take a while!