Custom Particle Request Thread

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
is it possible to make a sandstorm? alot of sand blowing from one side of the map to the other?
im making a desert map and this would be so awesome =)

sandstorm.jpg

sandstorm13406_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

yeah u get the idea =)

thanks in advance!
You better use fog or something else, particles would be really expensive in this matter, and also hard to see through. I also think that having small particles fly pass you when you try to kill someone can be frustrating. Are you sure you still want this? Reconsider please, and try the fog thing.

Could I get a particle bubble? like the bubbles that blow out of the pyros flamethrower when hes under water, but just random bubbles coming from small parts under water.
What size do you want the bubbles to cover?

Furex

L4: Comfortable Member
May 30, 2009
You better use fog or something else, particles would be really expensive in this matter, and also hard to see through. I also think that having small particles fly pass you when you try to kill someone can be frustrating. Are you sure you still want this? Reconsider please, and try the fog thing.

Ive added fog and made it as sand like i could but its just not enough, the sandstorm dont have to be as thick as on the pictures, just some sand blowing in a horizontal angle =)

it will just be used in a couple of minor areas so i dont think it will be a problem with it being expensive

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Could you make dripping sand, a bit like dripping water from pipes, but sand instead (most sensemaking description ever). Basically, a maybe a 128 unit high, and maybe 4x16 with just sand dripping down (not like flooding down, but not either like an hourglass, but something between those). If you still dont understand (which wouldnt surprise me) I can try to describe better but im not sure how yet :I

Just moving this to this page too, as you prolly didnt notice it on the last one due to the ads and that i had no avatar :/

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Furex stole my idea about a sandstorm D:

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
I'd like to request non-collision versions of the 1024 and 512 snowfall particles, because with collision is was way too laggy, and also a skybox version which is 16 times smaller

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I'd like to suggest a tornado. Feel free to keep it at the bottom though, it's more of a suggestion than a request.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
I think I may use that smoke-stack smoke particle system you made for that other person in pl_Nuclear.
Ill contact you if I need any changes.