Thanks man :D
edit: Seems a leeeetle bit expensive
ctfsnowdrift0083.png

Last edited:

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I also have a pipe with dropping water, made with valve particles:

place a env_rain_gutterdrip on the pipe, and a env_rain_guttersplash on the ground :)

Hmm, I can't find those anywhere, did you get the names right?

EDIT: Oh, wait, are those particles?

Last edited:

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Well, anyway, I'd like the snowflakes to disappear a bit faster, because they look a bit ugly when on the ground

As I told you, they disapear depending on how high for example the roofs are or how high the ground is. The particle have a amount of life time, about 8 seconds. If a snowflake touches the ground right after it has spawned it would lay there for 8 seconds. If it would touch the ground 4 seconds after it has spawned, it would be on the ground for 4 seconds. If the particle never touches the ground within 8 seconds, it will still decay. Quite simple.

Although, I can make the particle disappear completely when it touches a brush. So if you want this, ignore all other previous stuff I mentioned :thumbup:

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
Re color the texture used for the rain and voila!

No, there is no way to copy particles through the PCF files if thats what you mean. You can however copy the PCF and rename it, then remove the particles inside it that you dont need.

But you can not copy particles and paste into another PCF.

Bummer, that's bogus!

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
black dark smoke,
smoke that comes out an volcano..
chaiten11.jpg

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
black dark smoke,
smoke that comes out an volcano..
Can you send me the volcano that you are using in your map? Would help me adjust the particle for the correct size
Would it be possible to make a particle "fountain"?

Like these:

Yes, very much possible, but can you send me the fountain in a vmf so I can create the correct sizes?

Naso

L2: Junior Member
Jun 11, 2009
Could I get a particle bubble? like the bubbles that blow out of the pyros flamethrower when hes under water, but just random bubbles coming from small parts under water.

Eternal

L69: Deviant Member
Jul 8, 2009
Just a suggestion but any chance you might make some tutorials on creating particle effects? It seems you got it down pretty well but like map making it can be overwhelming to dive head first into the tools with no idea how to make em work (Damn it I can't seem to get these screws to go in... maybe I should use the hacksaw? :p)

UFO

L2: Junior Member
May 20, 2009
Could anyone say what options in Particle editor can change particles position/rotation. I want waterfall_bottommist to be horizontal, not vertical, so I could use it for flowing water?

Furex

L4: Comfortable Member
May 30, 2009
is it possible to make a sandstorm? alot of sand blowing from one side of the map to the other?
im making a desert map and this would be so awesome =)

sandstorm.jpg

sandstorm13406_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

yeah u get the idea =)

thanks in advance!

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Could you make dripping sand, a bit like dripping water from pipes, but sand instead (most sensemaking description ever). Basically, a maybe a 128 unit high, and maybe 4x16 with just sand dripping down (not like flooding down, but not either like an hourglass, but something between those). If you still dont understand (which wouldnt surprise me) I can try to describe better but im not sure how yet :I