Custom Multistage CP - Rate off!

Discussion in 'Server Events' started by GrimGriz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Custom Multistage CP - Rate off!
    Where: lOOking for wOrK - stOcKs vs. custOms
    63.211.221.159:27015
    When: March 4, 2008 6:00 p.m. GMT (11:00 a.m. Pacific)
    What: Play and rate custom multi-stage CP maps to see which custom goes into rotation vs. dustbowl

Details: In my further efforts to carve a nitch for my server I've decided on this versus thing. I've got enough customs from you guys to choose from for most of the categories (see motd below), but only vulture_a3 for multistage CPs.

Since I just got into the mapping thing recently, I'm fairly sure there are more custom multistage CP maps out there, so I'm accepting nominations in this thread. On Wednesday, all nominated customs will be replace the mapvote, rtv, and nominate menus, and !maprate will be temporarily set to automatically fire.

At 11:00 a.m. Thursday, the server will return to normal mapcycle, with the custom that received the highest overall rating filling the -TBA- slot in the motd shown below.

So...nominate your favorite custom multistage CP in this thread, and come play and rate with us on Wednesday!

CURRENT NOMINATIONS
    Newer version than what I have listed? PLEASE PM!
    Last update 3/2/09 late p.m.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    I'm usually home from school by late afternoon, I'll definitely be there :D

3. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
    Singlestage payload: pl_badwater vs. pl_repository ? :D

4. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think he already chose Cashworks for that ;)

The only candidate I can think of is Boulder. Other options (Aqua, Castle, Corporation, even Egypt) have more or less serious gameplay flaws. But I'm not a big fan of Boulder either.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    5-point push: Freight

6. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Nother vote for cp_aqua

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. gustav

gustav L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, I've never seen cp_ramrod before, it looks awesome

9. GrimGriz

Positive Ratings:
    I appreciate the input, but at present I'm just looking for a suggestions (and people to play and rate the suggestions) for the multistage CP. I'm actually planning on doing these events fairly regularly, so you can expect to see future events asking for suggestions for contenders in the other map types. For this event/thread though, please focus on multistage CP suggestions.

Egypt would be disqualified even though it started as a custom as it is now considered stock with tf2 :)

To make sure I'm understanding you: You're only submitting boulder as a candidate, and you're not a fan? :)

@gustav - special thanks for including the link in the nomination/submission

10. gustav

gustav L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    No prob mate :) I have another dustbowl map on serwer. It is cp_beamvalley_v2. Geniuine detailed. 3 quite diferent stages. Beautiful enviroments. Plays well but i have to test it a bit more to give it solid opinion. oh and it is fairly big if it is not a problem. And link: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/66982

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Exactly, it's kind of a default choice. I never played Ramrod though, I'll try to see if I can find a server running it to play it.

12. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I'm kinda thinking meridian beats hydro any day...even meridian b3 or b2...can you tell I don't like hydro?

13. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    For Multistage, I nominate Castle then.

Damn I love Castle.

14. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    The only one I reallt know is Castle 4

15. GrimGriz

Positive Ratings:
    Any idea where to find it? I didn't see any cp_castle on fps banana, and the only one i've played is castle4 (didn't see that either)

16. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Yep, castle4=castle. You can downloaded it is as part of the VilePickle map pack. If I am correct, this was the first custom TF2 map.

17. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Google it. It's on vilepickle's personal site. For some stupid reason it wont let me link to it directly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Probably one of the first that became popular, but not the first, I'd think.

It's good speaking on how early on it was made, but I personally cannot like it too much.

19. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Yep, its a kinda fun map, but feels somewhat wrong and has a bunch of problems that in time, have been solved.

20. GrimGriz

Positive Ratings: