Cuisine

PD Cuisine a6 reup

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Cuisine - Pick up packs of purple peppers and place in the enemy pail

Objective:
Pick up packs of purple peppers and place in the enemy pail to win.

Theme:
Two restaurants rush to spike each other's gumbo with the local poisonous purple pepper to eliminate the eatery competition.

Eventually I'll come back to this map, fix up anything that needs fixing, and implement a better custom HUD among all the details and things. Will be mostly busy with school for the next while.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Latest test shows the map is simply too long at the moment - it takes too long to get back to the enemy choke to sustain a push, and it's frustrating to walk through such long empty rooms until that point. tc_hydro average distances between the 2cp points was 19 seconds, pd_cuisine is 29 seconds, will need to shave ~10 seconds off the walk times, ish, to get it feeling regular then.

To cut 10 seconds off walk times I could cut the entirety of middle out - in between the two roofs - and then slide the two sides of mid past one another and merge them towards the final side route into last:

OLD - _a6 - 29 seconds:

PMOGJwu.jpg

NEW - _a7? - 19 seconds:

oFoPkpm.jpg

More pictures of new idea: https://imgur.com/a/gbw7R

I could totally make something interesting out of that new split between the new 'mid' area - and that would relieve some tensions that people had that _a6 (and previous versions) didn't officially 'have a mid' to meet the enemy team in a big initial battle. This also keeps the cool roof geometry on the sides. I'll work it out later.
edit: playing around with it, it will probably actually take a full redesign of mid to feel right, cause it feels weird and frankenstein-ish at the moment.

The gamemode is an interesting one, I love the boss mechanics of the team leaders, but they are sometimes hard to find at times - in good and bad ways. I am not much of a fan of the @Darren strategy of sitting invisible as a spy with 80 points stolen which delays the game. If the map was smaller it would be easier to find that type of person maybe.

Some people are still very vocal about how much the gamemode f$#&ing sucks but I think that's just words. People said the same thing about Watergate but there were simple solutions to the problems they had there too - they just didn't articulate what they actually had troubles with.

Also coming out with a timelapse video soon. It's a rather simple video style like the last 72h timelapse I made, but I'm taking my sweet time picking music for it. I might add some thoughts on the mic to it maybe, maybe at the end.

Last edited: