Crowbar - an open-source editor

NoodleCollie

Stoat fiend
aa
Jul 30, 2009
Lots of news!

Firstly, after wrestling with texture co-ordinates forever, culminating with a final battle this afternoon, I've finally got face textures to work acceptably:

73MQ0Jq.png

This means that essentially, bar certain usability optimisations, we're at a stage where you can actually construct and customise a basic world that'll load into Hammer. Since I'm nearing the end of my project period, this also means that I'll soon be releasing a very, very basic pre-alpha prototype for people to test and provide feedback on. It'll involve playing with the software, trying to break it, and rating it on aspects such as speed of level construction, ease of use, precision, etc. I'll probably set a separate thread up for that in a couple of weeks.

Secondly, I've begun documenting bits and pieces that I'm doing in the wiki section of the GitHub repository. I'm treating this uni project as a prototype because I have neither the experience nor the timescale to implement everything I wanted to; however, I will have essentially done a dry run of the core implementation and will know more about what the overall software design needs to accommodate, and I'm going to keep track of the details on the wiki to double as documentation and instructions for when I get to use the updated, more suitable version of the Qt3D framework. If you're interested, the current page is an adaptation of what I wrote in my proposal report about the overall objectives of the editor.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I see OS X.

I like this already.