Creating own activities?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Favourite weather setting for maps

• Snowy surroundings, winter day (viaduct)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Dull, rainy day (sawmill)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Bright, cloudless day (goldrush)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not extremely sunny, but still a bit of sun with clouds(foundry)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Night time (doublecross)

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
In the activities section in the models browser, it shows a lot of different looping animations that that model can use, and this can be referenced in the actual model's properties. Is there any way to make your own animations, using blender or SFM and then somehow get them to appear in the activities tab of that model, or is a recompile needed?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
What's that poll gotta do with the question?

It's missing an option, which is massive thunderstorm weather setting. Something unfortunately not coming to a TF2 near you because it's still a single-threaded engine so particle calculations will wreak havoc on the fps.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
What's that poll gotta do with the question?

It's missing an option, which is massive thunderstorm weather setting. Something unfortunately not coming to a TF2 near you because it's still a single-threaded engine so particle calculations will wreak havoc on the fps.
I put the poll here because I have been dying to ask this for a while, but haven't really had any proper opertunitues to put it, and just figured I should do it now, instead of wait another few months. I would love a huge thunderstorm, and think i would be able to do it, but 2 things hold me back. One is that you seemingly can't make the rain tool create very heavy rain, unless multiple are stacked. Another is that the weather volumes can't be not put in an area in tf2, only in left for dead. ( I am pretty sure)That means that my thunderstorm map would have rain and things inside.