cp_vulture

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
This area behind the fence needs to be clipped. an engineer was able to build a teleport (often leading users to die from the cliff)
cp_vulture_a30002.jpg

Also
cp_vulture_a30001.jpg

I should also mention again that I liked the old Cap 1-1 better.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Oh, I wasn't aware of that spot. Thanks, I'll clip it.

I can't help but wonder what made those Engineers go up there, other than to be douchebags. I can't imagine Engineers normally going up there for any good reasun, but it would be strange if that roof was not clipped.

I'm not going to go back to something like the old 1-1, but I'm open for suggestions, because I realise 1-1 is still not very good.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Okay, I'm sorry to have to beg for feedback, but I was expecting more to work with. I remember clearly that we were at least 16 people at all times, possibly even as many as 20, so I know someone can contribute even if there were many random pubbers there.

krik3t

L2: Junior Member
Jan 21, 2009
Ok, here's my little something, I just forgot to post. Next time I have to have paper ready for writing down thoughts :)

- stage 1 cap 2 (I hope) - defenders have spawn in pit with cap and there's only one staircase to get up and push attackers back - second staircase leads to dead-end place. Attackers have great advantage - they are above defenders, one or two blue demos can dominate whole cap area.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
You're absolutely right. I've decided to give RED some better access to the upper area, adding a powerful Sentry spot and an additional ramp up.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Two things: First, here's a slight update for 1-2, to give RED an advantage.
vulture43.png

And, perhaps more interesting, here's a screenshot of an out-of-bounds detail area, becuase I was bored. It's by the start of stage 2.
vulture41.png

And here's the BLU setup area of stage 2, just to the right of what you see in the previous picture.
vulture42.png

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I did a few changes to stage 2 to nerf snipers a bit, and to remove unnecessary space.

vulham1.jpg
vulham2.jpg

I'm also considering removing this area:
vulham3.jpg

It's a pretty drastic move compared to the other changes, though, so I'd love to know what you all think.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Released version a4
- Some detailing here and there, including more displacements.
- Fixed issue where the door leading from RED's spawn in stage 3 to the first
point, would not close after it was captured.
- Added a new sentry position to point 1-2 as well as a new path for RED to give
them a better height advantage.
- Moved a few spectator cameras that were at bad angles.
- Closed off an entry to point 2-2, making players do a short detour in order to
nerf snipers.
- Added a small shack to 2-2 by the point, for a good sentry position.
- Made Engineers unable to build in a specifiC location on the cliffs by point
2-2.
- Added a skybox. Lazy Gold Rush copy for now...

Some bigger changes this time, to the layout of stages 1 and 2. I have more ideas as well if those don't help improve them, but we'll see if I need to use them.

One thing I forgot was a resupply locker in RED's final spawn...I couldn't be bothered to compile yet again only for that little thing, but I think it'll be ok.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
I think the skybox thing is at stage 2 -

picture.php

picture.php

Stage 3 part 2 is really weird. I think, for one, that I don't like where the point is...particularly since attackers get higher ground. It also seems a really far trek between part 1 and part 2.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Oops, accidental nodraw. I could swear I had textured that one. :S

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Gameday's over, so I guess I can allow myself to do a little GAMEDAY BUMP.

*gameday bump*

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I've stopped being surprised with the lack of feedback in the thread, so I made sure to pay good attention to what was said during gameday. Here's what I picked up:

- Can get stuck on ladder from the water in 1-1
- There is a massive chokepoint between 1-1 and 1-2
--- To fix this, I may transform the building on the other side of the cap point to something else, along with givig it a new, advantageous path for BLU
- 1-2 is very much in favour of RED
--- I'm going to remove the ramp up to the little building from RED's spawn and give BLU better places to hide and set up forward bases
- I also need to make it clear that from RED's spawn in 1-2, there's nothing interesting to the left
- The door to BLU's spawn in stage 2 can be triggered by another door. I'm going to remove that other door entirely.
- I'm also going to remove the resupply locker in BLU's setup room of stage 2.
- I should probably make it possible to stand up where you can currently only crouch underneath the buildings by 2-2
- I should move the one-way door that gives access to the roof on 2-2 a little further up

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
Ah this map, loved this map. It was fun, although too bad we didnt make it to stage 2/3 :( Or did we? Maybe the other team did cant remember. Anyhow, the second cap in stage 1 is very hard to cap. I believe its too open and too good for sentries there. Also snipers and demos could camp that gate that blue comes from, and blue didnt have much chance at killing them either.

Overall first stage it great. First cap is easy second is hard. Looking forward to this map.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
We made it to stage 2 once, but never to stage 3. I might consider making a version only for stage 3, since we never get any playtime there. :p

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I've made a few changes. I put the text on the images themselves to be able to explain it all better.

dev3.jpg

dev1.jpg

dev2.jpg

*out, not our

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
I've stopped being surprised with the lack of feedback in the thread, so I made sure to pay good attention to what was said during gameday. Here's what I picked up:

Let's make a secret group of authors who agree to post in the WIP thread of every gameday map they play by end of business on Monday.

As to my input, it looks like you've made changes so fast some of the feedback may be irrelevant....but here goes anyway.
  • BLU shouldn't be able to snipe point 1-1 without coming outside (so spies can backstab, etc.) I can only see the little pathway leading from the point to one-way door room...but all of red has to go through there to get to the 1-1 area.
    picture.php

• There's only 1 path (my spray)from 1-1 to 1-2, the corner near the 1-way door room.
    picture.php

I'd suggest, that you make a door that's 1-way until point 1-1 is capped and then becomes 2-way. (my spray is where I suggest the door be)
    picture.php

picture.php

• Pretty easy for BLU to camp red spawn at 1-2 if they can maintain control of the little building:
    picture.php

Like I said, you may have already fixed this stuff...but there's the feedback just the same.

AWESOME-O

Mar 20, 2008
You got a crosshair on your sniper??
(Sorry for thread hacking)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
The crosshair is universal. If you've got a "custom" crosshair, you keep it no matter what class or weapon.

Thanks for the feedback, GrimGriz. The doorway idea is pretty good; I knew I had to make another path, but I was wondering where to put it.

Good point about being able to snipe right out of spawn too, but you can do that on Gold Rush, Dustbowl and so on as well. Anyway, I should probably add a rock just about where your crosshair is (next to the existing rock), to block snipers a bit.

The last problem has been resolved (see my third image in my previous post)... although I admit I hadn't though about it before you said it. :p

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
You got a crosshair on your sniper??
(Sorry for thread hacking)

You can choose it in the multiplayer options if i'm right. It's pretty handy for sniping.

EDIT: oh, sorry MrMuffinMan, kinda unnecessary post.