codename ccw

CP codename ccw a7

quentin_holmes

L1: Registered
Jun 3, 2024
quentin_holmes submitted a new resource:

codename ccw - ouroboros gameplay. both teams can only capture counterclockwise (4 cp)

I haven't made a map in like 6 years. Hopefully this is fun. Each team has 2 of the four control points at the start. You can only capture in a counterclockwise direction. I think it's an intuitive concept. Both teams only have one available point for capture at a time. Spawns change periodically to keep up with the movement.View attachment 238860View attachment 238861View attachment 238862
I put this under the symmetrical cp gametype as both teams have...

Read more about this resource...

quentin_holmes

Jun 3, 2024

quentin_holmes

Jun 3, 2024
quentin_holmes updated codename ccw with a new update entry:

more time between captures, revised B

I tried to slow down gameplay by adding vulnerability to final points, resetting all points after cap, and forcing respawns upon losing a point. I was unable to get the announcer to say "the final control point is being captured!!!" despite using vscript. If you have any suggestions, im all ears.

I tried to stop the stick spawn camping exploit, but a trigger_hurt doesnt work to destroy stickies. Likewise, im all ears.

Lastly, I noticed B was rarely held during the playtest, so I made it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

quentin_holmes

Jun 3, 2024

More Chokey, more predictable, better navigation

I made the control points benefit defense more. I widened areas in between chokes. I made cap times consistent again and made them shorter. I added much needed signs. I added some area specific textures to hopefully serve has landmarks before the artpass. Overall, the map is more open in most places, but the choke points have been exaggerated to hopefully help defenders. I think that the gameplay works best when if the teams are disorganized, caps happen constants, and once teams get their...

quentin_holmes

Jun 3, 2024

Faster clockwise rotations + quality of life

Before the main routes between points were drop downs. I saw a lot of players as a result getting lost while trying to move clockwise, or otherwise not having enemy encounters. I want movement to remain ccw, so I tried to keep giving attackers more options, like drop downs and one-way doors. Also, I myself was confused at time what point was available to capture upon respawning, so I added glows to the active control points. I have high expectations. Last playtest went well, which was...