Choosing your map name.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well, goldrush does imply the local geography. It's in America, as films often portray an arid environment, which is represented in the map, of course.

Badwater basin is similar in respects, it doesn't immediately inform us of the geography, but when we reference what badwater basin is, we see that it's a desert valley surrounded by arid mountains.

This isn't supposed to be a strict "use this to name your map because everything else is crap". It's merely to help.

If a name gets taken from here, just do a search to find some other place of fame that relates to something relavent to your maps theme.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I knew about it, and it's still not geographical, meteorological or astrological term. It's just some easily recognizable term that fits the scenery. /topic

You're ending the topic because of something the OP couldn't control or really care about?

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
A while back I brainstormed a short list of map names with no real connection to any preset theme.

Tundra(Used), Vineyard(used I think), Impact, Crater, Snowbank, Flare, Gamma, Omega, Plateau, Solistice, Rust, Decay, Clash, Oblivion, Tombstone, Barren, Bush, Savanna and Aether.

Not a great list but I like a few.