- Made the Cap Point objectives more clearer
- Disabled collisions on all Gameplay signs

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Cool, its playing well.
My suggestion:

cp_cedarfall_a30000edit.jpg

By deleting that ramp and making the balcony fully solid underneath it gives engies/ heavies a nice safer area to hide behind.

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Detailing has started on BLU's spawn. I've used some design ideas from Turbine to help me create a nice little scene. I've tried to keep it fairly simple, but not too bland at the same time. I know that they're not final, but for now, hope you like the pics:

Cedarfall%20A4%20-%20Pic%2001.JPG

Cedarfall%20A4%20-%20Pic%2002.JPG

Cedarfall%20A4%20-%20Pic%2003.JPG

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Gameday thoughts.

Far, far, far too many doorways and corridors. For example, I went one way to see a soldier heading towards me so I turn around, move about 1ft back, then turn left to walk down another corridor with yet another soldier at the other end! It's a nightmare as a Heavy because there are far too many angles of attack and there seem to be quite a few blind turns into huge sniper lines.

The respawn timers seemed a little off. Using mp_showrespawntimes I found that RED had a minimum spawn time of 1 yet BLU had a minimum spawn time of 3? What is this madness?! D:

Structurally thought, it was great. Just work on minimising the amount of small meaningless routes and reduce the huge line of sights. Remember, keep the amount of turns the player has to take to a minimal. ;)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
The whole map is a sniperline.
Break it up more and add some cover on all those catwalks.

you have some neat brushwork going, keep it up.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
GameDay feedback : played soldier/pyro/spy

Well, almost everyone agreed that your respawn time were broken. The layout is... both opened and filled by buildings, its strange. Sniper did seem to have a good time, whereas I couldn't approach the point once red players got used to the layout.
The absurd respawn rate for red prevented us to clearly gauge the balance. I agree a bit with the tester that said they were so many ambush corners, but red could afford "suicide" ambush because of the aforementioned spawn rate.

Sorry, I don't find anything more constructive to report at the moment :blushing:

DrHaphazard

Jan 6, 2008
I agree whole heartedly on the sniper sightlines, they seem to be favored heavily.

It seems like youve gone too far in the opposite direction of dustbowl (filled with chokepoints) and made it so that there are a large number of routes you can take which will make this a hard map to defend. (Neither side capped last today but I think the respawn issue was the major contributor.)

Also gameday thoughts: Psy needs a mic with which to communicate his need for kritzes.

pl

Mar 6, 2009
Guys, thanks for the feedback - it really really has helped. I'll definitely make sure to simplify the majority of areas.

pl

Mar 6, 2009
Hey guys, here are some new pictures of what a different area in BLU's spawn looks like. Expect all of the spawnroom to be done by Alpha 4.

Cedarfall%20A4%20-%20Pic%2005.jpg

Cedarfall%20A4%20-%20Pic%2006.jpg

Does it remind you of something? ;)

---

PS. Sorry about not being able to resize the pictures; I don't have Photoshop at the moment.

Sep 12, 2008
Woaaah yeah.. it makes me think of Viaduct in a way :p And the blu area right outside the spawn in 2fort. It looks very nice!

pl

Mar 6, 2009
Haha.. I was expecting people to either say Viaduct or Badwater :p

----

Well, I've got some more news based on the gameplay side of the map - I've made the area around the first cap's area a lot more open so hopefully now we can expect not as many easy kills. I've also removed some windows and turned some existing doorways into windows, to hopefully prevent that annoying sightline problem the map was having in last gameday's test.

So, a list of major changes to come in Alpha 4:

- Attempted to simplify the areas around Cap 1
- Started detailing in BLU Spawn area
- Removed cover off Cap 2 to make it easier for RED to defend
- Made the area to the left of the Cap 2 (from RED's point-of-view) more interesting and better suited for sentries

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Cool- less windows/ doorways is better IMO.

Oh and cool cobwebs!!!!!! :p

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Detailling = awesome. :0

Keep up the good work! :)

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Don't hesitate to ask me whenever you think the map may be playtested. A textured version would be appreciated though, but I see you're on your way ;)

Dr. ROCKZO

Jul 25, 2009
Bump: Still only CP1 done right? Well, don't simplify it too much, I liked the multiple routes, but maybe you should define "the" route by giving it a simple advantages, and the other routes may offer a different angle on the Sentry, but they don't have the Health Pack that the main route does..