Can't move origins

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Lokfeyn, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Lokfeyn

Lokfeyn L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As title says , I have leaks in map but im unable to fix them since the blue ball doesnt appear , Im still new to mapping so probably I didnt do something correctly but idk what , any help is welcomed.

Screenshots : https://prnt.sc/n5cs9f , https://prnt.sc/n5csrj

2. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    upload_2019-3-31_9-49-42.png
    Make sure this little button is pressed down, then you can move origins and view them (it's called Toggle Helpers)

3. Lokfeyn

Positive Ratings:
    the thing is , i already tried that , on/off , restarted hammer tried again , but nothing helped

4. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    Are you absolutely sure? It looks off from the screenshot you just shared

5. Lokfeyn

Positive Ratings:
  6. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    The leaking entity is a point entity, which has a fixed origin (as opposed to a brush entity whose origin can be moved). You have the right idea for fixing a brush entity leak, but since we're dealing with a point entity, that means there is a hole somewhere that needs to be patched. Does the red pointfile line go through any tiny gaps or brush entities like func_detail?

7. Lokfeyn

Positive Ratings:

I just checked , and there are no apparent gaps , it just goes straight through wall - https://prnt.sc/n5f7k5

8. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    That wall must not be a world brush, then. Try selecting the brush and using Ctrl+Shift+W to turn it back into a world brush so that it can seal your map.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Lokfeyn

Positive Ratings:
    oh yeah , that worked thanks for the help

10. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Just as an add in for others looking for a solution:

Sometimes hammer for whatever reason won't recognize a brush as a solid and the red pointfile line will go right through that said brush < these brushes are usually near the void when it happens doing the

Doing the Ctrl+Shift+W will usually fix it, the other main reason it happens is that sometimes the bounding box of a model will stick outside of the world and into the void even though you might not be using the bounding box (for phys collision) of the prop < if it's this one just make sure it's inside your world.

Sometimes the origin (the blue ball) will be way off too - I had one 1024 units away and didn't see it until I zoomed way out on my map.

• Thanks Thanks x 1