Cactus Canyon Redux - Multistage

PL Cactus Canyon Redux - Multistage RC2

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
Suna submitted a new resource:

Cactus Canyon Redux - Multistage - As it was

My Cactus Canyon Redux, modified to be more similar to normal Cactus Canyon.
Notable changes include:
  • Split into 2 stages, rather than being merged into one
  • Major layout changes to the second stage, to bring back the deathmatch vibe of the original

I didn't do this for a long time; as I assumed it would be a lot of work to split it back into multiple stages. Ended up being much easier than anticipated, and only took about a day to complete. Of the two versions, I think...

Read more about this resource...

DoctorDoomtrain64

func_witch
Server Staff
Nov 26, 2012
The cart gets stuck on this part of Stage 2, even letting it roll back and pushing again didn't work

Attachments

• Cactus Canyon Cart stuck.png
    Cactus Canyon Cart stuck.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 40

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
The cart gets stuck on this part of Stage 2, even letting it roll back and pushing again didn't work
Hm, I noticed this in local testing but thought I had solved the issue (that's where a turntable used to be).
There's probably some sneaky blocker or something the cart is being stuck on; I'll have a more thorough look.

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
Suna updated Cactus Canyon Redux - Multistage with a new update entry:

Whoops! You need to put the Sentry in a defensive position!

Initially I more or less rushed out this multistage version, assuming it would need some balance changes but nothing too major. Guess who was wrong about that.
I also took the time to review a lot of data from the single-stage version, and made some additional improvements that I hope to backport to that version eventually.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Global pickup pass
I found that pickups were few...

Read the rest of this update entry...