Buy L4D2, get a free TF2 hat!

Feb 14, 2008
I want turkey hats for Thanksgiving. Even though I don't know what Thanksgiving is, I know it involves turkeys.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Grr, so many unique items, I'm a sucker for collectables. *bites fist* "Just wait for the sales, just wait for the sales. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry."

I hope you realise its already ON sale... the preorder discount for buying as a four pack is quite nice.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'll wait and see after playing the demo, because this made the game even more tempting. The only thing stopping me from jumping in is the fact that I just spent tons of money on a computer and stuff.

The hat is a very nice incentive to preorder, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Lots of developers do these little "preorder for a novelty item" things, and it's not like you lose any major advantage/awesome stuff if you don't preorder...

They might as well rename it to the Valve Fanboy Hat, though. :p

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
If im right you can still preorder during the public demo which means you dont have to rush it. The hat isnt realy unique and quite similar to the halo in how often it shows up.

Feb 17, 2009
Why? Why dont i have a credit card? Why?! :(
But actually its just a hat.. so...:closedeyes:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
One week ago I had a halo...and that was it...and I didn't care at all becuase it's just a hat. Now I have a halo, 2 gibus and this...and I still don't care. I will of course wear it just for hell of it, I mean I have it so I might as well use it.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I want them to add a "turn off hats" checkbox to that little advanced multiplayer options box they love sticking new settings in.
dealwithityoshi09.gif

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
Before Halloween shenanigans I had no hats, except the Halo, now I'll have Gibus and Bill's, awesome.

Still, I want some more hats!

Ten19

L2: Junior Member
Jun 17, 2009
I continue to be surprised at the level of noise created over purely cosmetic items. I think it's a nice little addition to add a collectibles layer to things, but they don't (and shouldn't ever) change the game or impact how well/poorly people play.

Aren't there plenty of other things to bitch about in terms of TF2?

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
It's not a "deal with it" thing. If this goes on much longer I'm likely to make "custom" models for all the hats that just make it look default. It seems with every new hat release they deviate farther and farther from the TF2 style and theme of the characters.
i can understand WHY someone would want to get rid of the hats. to be honest, i wouldnt mind it being an option in settings like you mentioned. would i personally get rid of hats? no. makes the game fresh. keeps it on its toes.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
It's not a "deal with it" thing. If this goes on much longer I'm likely to make "custom" models for all the hats that just make it look default. It seems with every new hat release they deviate farther and farther from the TF2 style and theme of the characters.

Would probably be difficult, as there are hats that can be worn by multiple classes.

The hype about the hats is really enough now, imho.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Would probably be difficult, as there are hats that can be worn by multiple classes.

The hype about the hats is really enough now, imho.

There's already at least one halo removal skin, which should be proof that Boojum's idea is entirely possible.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
An option to disable them would indeed be welcomed by all and probably not hard to implement by valve. why not email them about it?

But untill then it really is a "deal with it" situation, regardless of why you want them disabled. deviating from the tf2 theme? well there aint nothing you can do: deal with it. Hats making you lag? nothing you can do: deal with it. Have no hats? Idle more or: deal with it. etc.

Ten19

L2: Junior Member
Jun 17, 2009
I think having a client-side option to disable hats is probably the way to go for all of the legitimate concerns.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Heh, I think hats are nice. I love just playing "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM *sees hat, smirks* BOOM BOOM BOOM" they bring a smile to my face, and make menotenous killing a little different.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
God damn... this thread should have ended with youme's comment [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showpost.php?p=119856&postcount=20"]here[/ame]. Best summery of what Valve's doing I've seen.

In other news: anyone else noticed that bill's hat appears to be glitched? Seems like it shows up invisible on quite a few servers (confirmed by a few friends, it's not just client-side).

Also:
I want them to add a "turn off hats" checkbox to that little advanced multiplayer options box they love sticking new settings in.

Actually I'd rather see it be a server-side command then client-based.