BSP Trouble

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by FlashDash, Apr 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM.

1. FlashDash

FlashDash L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I'm trying to extract material files for a prop from a BSP, and neither GCFScape or BSPSource are extracting them. I've tried re-downloading the map, but it still doesn't work.
    The error for GCFScape says:
    "Error writing C:\Users\MyAss\AppData\Local\Temp\blue_gravel.vmt (Error: Compression format 0x0e not supported.)"

What do i do?

2. FlashDash

Positive Ratings:
  3. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy Probably enjoys hydro too much

Positive Ratings:
    Could the BSP be repacked? If that's the case, try unpacking it (for example by dragging the BSP from the /tf/maps/ folder over this BAT file) then try again

4. FlashDash

Positive Ratings:
    Tried that file you sent, responded with this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\440\454278144>"..\..\bin\bspzip" -repack "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\440\454278144\finaldestination_nosky.bsp"
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Press any key to continue . . .

5. Narpas

aa Narpas Failing at Scaling

Positive Ratings:
    Copy the map into your TF2's maps folder instead of the workshop folder, and then try again there

6. MOCOLONI

MOCOLONI L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Create a copy of the map and put it inside "\Team Fortress 2\bin\", submit "cmd" into the Explorer's current address bar, then submit this into the command prompt that will appear:
    Code:
    bspzip -repack finaldestination_nosky.bsp
    This automatically replaces the .BSP file, so that's why you should always do these things to files other than the originals.

7. FlashDash

Positive Ratings:
    Your method worked like a charm! Thank you guys much!