atomicsands

CP atomicsands A1

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
Have you tried just copypasting the map to a new file?
I've had bsps get corrupted like that.

First copypaste only the brushwork then save that and test it. Most likely that will be fine.
Then create a new save file of it and copy entities over in chunks, saving a new filename, compiling, and testing each time. It's a slow process, but I had to do it with my batt map. For me, a func_door_rotating had corrupted the save file and every time I tried to use that one entity (copied) my map would crash. After I found out what it was I deleted the entity and recompiled everything else on a new save. Hope this helps.

EDIT: note that there was nothing wrong with the func_door_rotating. I created an identical entity in a test map just to see what was wrong. the copied one crashed the map while the new one didn't. I never figured out exactly what was wrong.

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Okay then. A2B.

This is a NON-PLAYABLE version. Spawns work, but it was compiled without control points so BLU can never actually win. No cubemaps. And I don't care if I missed pakratting any of the custom models. This version is solely to help me narrow down the cause of the crash.

Uploaded to the servers. If this version still crashes, I'll try replacing all the doors for A2C.

[Edit] Also, it suddenly occurs to me: since every version has worked perfectly fine for me on a listen server, I'm wondering if the bz2 conversion is screwing something up.

Last edited: