NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
?: ?

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Whats stopping me from thanking you for replying to this comment?

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Yarp yarp yarp, derpitty derp derp?

Ya-derp derp derpitty narp nurp.

Hurr-derp nurp.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Yarp! Narp narp!

Yarp-darp narp narp? Derp yarp.

Oh god I wsh there was a super-anti-backwards thank button for posts like this.

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
FIRST QUESTION(A TF2 one)

As a scout I'm often killed by pyros and considering that your a great pyro, do you know of any anti-pyro techniques that a scout can do?

SECOND QUESTION(for the lolz, because I just love asking people sexual questions and them having to answer them :) )

Why do I have 2 balls?

Oh and can you make my question about the balls funny or something sneaky?

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
Yerp Derp Nerp Derp

This is why I love forums.
MAI QUESTION:

why is it that whenever I round a corner in TF2 there is always either a Sentry, Pyro or spun up heavy?

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
why is it that whenever I round a corner in TF2 there is always either a Sentry, Pyro or spun up heavy?

Near the corner horizon, it becomes increasingly impossible to have totally empty space, because that would be boring. This causes "virtual" particles to appear in Blu/Red pairs which quickly annihilate each other. However, sometimes one of them falls back out of the visleaf and is destroyed by the rendering system, leaving a "real" enemy behind.

This effect is predominantly Heavies, Pyros, and Sentries because those particles carry some of the strongest short-range forces. (This theory of course assumes the existence of a massless "spectator" particle that can carry information through the nodraw vacuum, but which is otherwise unable to interact with normal matter.)

Last edited:

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
Near the corner horizon, it becomes increasingly impossible to have totally empty space, because that would be boring. This causes "virtual" particles to appear in Blu/Red pairs which quickly annihilate each other. However, sometimes one of them falls back out of the visleaf and is destroyed by the rendering system, leaving a "real" enemy behind.

This effect is predominantly Heavies, Pyros, and Sentries because those particles carry some of the strongest short-range forces. (This theory of course assumes the existence of a massless "spectator" particle that can carry information through the nodraw vacuum, but which is otherwise unable to interact with normal matter.)

that sounds familiar.... :D I feel strange having a grasp of particle physics at 6AM :p

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
EEP! It seems like I was gone so long some poser guy decided to answer!

Sorry, schools been hectic.

Anyways,

pl said:
Why does the cash I have set out to use for whatever I need to buy this week vanish the second I need it, then reappear as soon as I spent cash from an alternate source on whatever I needed?

Now for TF2 related:
If two Heavies leave from opposite sides of the US headed for Nebraska, one traveling 20 MPH and the other leaving 40 minutes earlier traveling 30 MPH, how long before one realizes there's nothing for either of them to do in Nebraska, calls the other and tells him so, and they both go to Utah to mow down Scouts in the desert instead?
1. Its a clear example of "Potatoism". I have it all the time. Like just a few days ago I lost a calculator IN MY ROOM when it was next to my keyboard!

2. Probably a few weeks.

Potatoe said:
Define 'the'. (Like as in the word "the")
It aint a question but Ok
the (adjective) - an adjective used to describe a specific object or objects. Contrast A/An.

McGee said:
You think it is possible to make a single stage payload-race map out of a Koth/Arena Map? And if yes, how so?
Well, I think it's possible, but I would have no idea on how to make it fun.

pl said:
Here's a tough one: Why did my dad receive a flyer in the mail yesterday inviting him to join the Seattle Girls' Choir? And why did they switch his first and middle initials when addressing it to him?
Clearly you don't know any of your dad's secrets. Perhaps he's really a girl? Or perhaps... someone just pranked you?

Radaka said:
WHY aRE SUN GREY.
GET SOME COLOR CONES.

Joseph said:
Why does the moon catch on fire during the day, and what puts it out at night time?
It doesn't catch on fire during the day D: It is merely a rock. There is too little, or no oxygen to catch it on fire anyways.

Nova said:
Mind=Blown

zpqrei said:
What is stopping me from banning you?
Is it my cute little pyro eyes? I THINK SOOO.

potatoe said:
Whats stopping me from thanking you for replying to this comment?
Your dignity?

zpqrei said:
If a fat guy walks into a pastry shop,
with a $20 bill, and he's ready to buy,
In order to work out his volume change,
You'll need to know the value of Pi.
Pi to 64 or so digits is...

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939 FORGOT

DaBeatzProject said:
Why are they all TALKING LIKE THAT?!
Its called VIP speak.

shoo said:
FIRST QUESTION(A TF2 one)

As a scout I'm often killed by pyros and considering that your a great pyro, do you know of any anti-pyro techniques that a scout can do?

SECOND QUESTION(for the lolz, because I just love asking people sexual questions and them having to answer them )

Why do I have 2 balls?

Oh and can you make my question about the balls funny or something sneaky?
1. There is a method called Weapon Heckling that works wonders on most pyros. Generally, when they have out the shotgun or flare, get as close as you can for a split second and shoot with scattergun. When they have flamethrower, get out of range and pistol.

Most importantly, stick near medkits and try to get the ambush on them.

2. Because male humans only have 2.

And no.

Coco said:
Because those classes are the best at hitting unawares, and trust me, they try their hardest to be in that situation.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
If I were to jump off a 6 story building (20m) and hit the ground only 3.28 seconds later, if you assume that I'm completely shaven, naked and greased up on a low air pressure day to eliminate air resistance, which planet am i most likely on (out of the 8 official planets of our solar system)

Show all workings and assumptions.

Last edited:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
In that lack of attire, one would hope certainly not on Earth.

Which means... nowhere. Because there are no 6-story buildings on other planets.... OR ARE THERE?