What do you think?

Last edited:

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
Here are some new images
m24_11.png

m24_12.png

I replaced the detail sprites with the granary ones, but I'm not sure yet, because of the flowers. They look a bit out of place.

I hope you like it

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
no flowers indeed !

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Flowers are definitely out of place. It'd look better with basic grass. Or at least fewer detail sprites.

Also, the blend transistion is a little sudden, though I don't know if that's due to the blend's settings, how you painted the alpha, or an optical illusion due to having so many detail sprites.

Kep

TerabyteST

Aug 18, 2009
The new awesome birch trees by Acumen :3
Can't thank you enough!

m26_1.png

m26_6.png

EDIT: I realised i forgot to show some stuff

I've bluified the spawn more, removed a few trusses and now it looks cleaner
m26_3.png

Changed some textures on the outside aswell
m26_4.png

And here's a tiny lonely birch :D
m26_5.png

Last edited:

TerabyteST

Aug 18, 2009
I've started working on A. I want it to be completely made out of ground.
m29_2.png

m29_3.png

And bigger birch trees, thanks again Acumen :D
m29_4.png

What do you think about the new theme? Is it good?

Last edited:

Huckle

L3: Member
May 31, 2010
The theme itself looks pretty awesome, I think you should be toning down the redness of your ambient skybox light though. While it looks great on red-texture objects, I think it's a tad too much on the blue. Instead of adding it all across the map, just place lights with a linear component on the parts that should be red and keep the skybox light a bit whiter.

I think you should also cut up the big flat part of the roof on the blue spawn (where the panel is). The panel helps but not quite enough.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Your environment lighting is washing out all the color in your level.

Huckle

L3: Member
May 31, 2010
And how would I fix that?

Go to your env_sun, go into ambient colour and drag the slider on the right side upwards, desaturating your ambient and likely your brightness as well (make the corresponding change to your shadow_control).

Having a whiter light to begin with is always nice because then the basic textures will look mostly like they do on other maps. It will also make the parts of your map that actually have colored light stand out more.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Your ambient colour looks okay, though it could probably be increased in brightness a touch.

The main colour could stand to be desaturated (move it in the direction of grey) and the brightness decreased. Increasing the ambient should make up for toning down the main colour.

Dammit, I was ninja'd. But similar to what Huckle said, only I think it's the main colour that's the problem more than the ambient one. You'd have to play around with both to decide which works better for you.

Kep

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
@Rexy:

it's the alphas casting shadows when nocull is activated. it was either full tree with shadows or not so full tree with bright leaves all over.
from a distance i like it. from near i'm not a fan.

mysterious way to fix it that you know of ?

only one i found was to double the polys as valve did with their tree models which i didn't want :/

Goombac

Mar 27, 2010
Looks great, but you should put the cp for A on something other than the ground, like concrete.

TerabyteST

Aug 18, 2009
@Rexy:

it's the alphas casting shadows when nocull is activated. it was either full tree with shadows or not so full tree with bright leaves all over.
from a distance i like it. from near i'm not a fan.

mysterious way to fix it that you know of ?

only one i found was to double the polys as valve did with their tree models which i didn't want :/

The only problem about it is that the engine doesn't compute AA over the edges of the transparent texture so it looks all jagged.. I hope there is a fix for this D:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
o_O I'm sorry for being mistaken about that
"green font and a picture doesn equal rexy", i'll remember that :/

edit: i know that my testmap didn't feature these shadows. in the end if it's too annoying we can always disable nocull, so the backside is not rendered and it appears fine ingame all over

Last edited: