CP artpass_re1wind

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
yeah, highly appreciated. :)

to tired and sleepy to get ingame screenshots. Reworked blu spawn and surrounding area. 30° off-grid building is gone. tree & rocks may or may not replace it.
artpass_re1wind_hammer_01.jpg

artpass_re1wind_hammer_02.jpg

Sep 1, 2009
Why does the roof style in image 1 remind me of some ort of celtic design?

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
uh oh, i'm not sure if I'm entirely correct on this, but it seems as if I see layout changes and that is prohibited. :/ In the 3rd and 4th screenshots it looks like you opened up the wall more going into the next area and also added that curved walkway that people can run one Wouldn't that alter gameplay?

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
My thoughts exactly. What I was going to say is that it's harder to get up on that white path from the ground. Blue attacking wise nothing's changed, but Red defense wise has.

In order to get into that building from the point A side and head towards Blue spawn you have to make...6 jumps. That's no longer a path, that's a wall.

And yes, looks like there's a new path just above that top box. Though I think that's less of a gameplay change (it goes essentially the same place as the door).

Draco18s

Sep 19, 2009
I still have an issue here:

1zv7vps.png

Takes a minimum of 5 jumps to get to the top when the base map has a ramp.

The 3-jump to point A on round...2? of Goldrush is pretty much the limit of usability.

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
Unless you added a lot of player_clip brushes to make it smooth, but it would look very strange unless you made it look more like stairs.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
i sort of agree and don't agree. i'll see what i can come up with after a few glasses of wine later today :p

Draco18s

Sep 19, 2009
Unless you added a lot of player_clip brushes to make it smooth, but it would look very strange unless you made it look more like stairs.

It would look very strange and no one would realize that they didn't need to jump (eg, it looks like you need to).

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Yeah, i've replaced it with a staircase already. working on detailing and propping the area between blu and cp A

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
I see no connection (in theme) between the areas...

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
I for one feel that the style here looks non-cohesive. The mix of styles is a little jarring to me. While the detail is exceptionally well done, the alpine, cave, and industrial elements really clash. The curves of your concrete platforms and the bridge's arch are very out of place up against the rocky area around the CP and the wooden buildings.

I think you should take a step back and think of ways to make the area have a purpose rather than just pouring all this detail in rashly.

Draco18s

Sep 19, 2009
I'll agree on the concrete walkway. The bridge looks fine IMO (the train on top, not so much).

Mine + Alpine is also OK in my book. Mines are in Mountains. Done.