Artpass Contest Favourites.

KarmaPolice

L3: Member
Jul 25, 2009
My favorite would probably be Acegikmo's, but Dr. Spud, Grazr, HellJumper, Mangy, and YM all had downright phenomenal entries. Probably a few others I'm forgetting, too.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
Note also that the rule you reference wasn't stated in the Valve post at all. I didn't read the thread and violate its rule. I just didn't see the thread, and went by the "Details, Rules and Content" listed here and here.

From that first link:

For a full list of the rules please visit the rules page, and you can ask any questions you have in the TF2Maps.net thread.

Note that first link and on that page we have the following:

The Submission Procedure

Please note that once the maps are checked, they will be sent off to Valve. No changes can be made after this submission is made.

This time once the submission thread is up and the deadline set you will have until that deadline to the second with no exceptions. If you have any issues with your submission, if you need to fix it, contact me (Tom "zpqrei" Pritchard) and we'll see how we can fix your issue. It'll be done on a case-by-case basis, but only up to a week after the contest ends.

You also have, in that second link, which you indicated that you read:

Submission Procedure

This time once the submission thread is up and the deadline set you will have until that deadline to the second with no exceptions. If you have any issues with your submission, if you need to fix it, contact me (zpqrei) and we'll see how we can fix your issue. It'll be done on a case-by-case basis, up to a week after the contest ends.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You have to be kidding me.

Are you that parsimonious?

Would it hurt the community so much for this entry to be included?

I'm not being parsimonious, but the rules say you need to post in those places, and ZPQ will only be looking in those places for entries, so if you havent got anything there, he wont know. If you PM him, he may be willing to let you in late.

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
I'm not being parsimonious, but the rules say you need to post in those places, and ZPQ will only be looking in those places for entries, so if you havent got anything there, he wont know. If you PM him, he may be willing to let you in late.

I wasn't in late!

I just didn't post to the thread.

Sep 1, 2009
For some reason i have a love of Gerbil's entry

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
Common sense, to me, was that you upload to the Contest section; that posting to a thread here or there was optional, possibly informational - but uploading was mandatory. Because aren't we being judged on the thing itself? - and the thing is a map, not a forum post.

Also, if you had any questions, there was a thread for it.

Hell, I asked how we were supposed to submit about a month ago. Because I didn't want to assume anything and be disqualified.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Rather than argue what is/isn't common sense or how you did/didnt interpret the rules that were posted, have you PM'd ZPQ?? Because if you haven't and you're just posting in here then you're never going to be allowed to rectify your misunderstanding.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
History Lesson: Johnson became President after Lincoln was assassinated. The Radicals didn't like him, but needed a reason to impeach him. So the real reason he was impeached was because nobody liked him, but the legal reason was because he fired a cabinet member, breaking a law.

Now, I taught you this CaRteR, because if I were zpq, I would do the same. I wouldn't allow you to enter the contest late because of your attitude and blaming your inability to follow the rules on others. But I'd mark the reason down in the official papers as "Failure to submit map properly and on time" or something along those lines.

AND when you look for an apple in a grocery store, all the apples are sold in the same place, right? Why wouldn't you question submitting a map in a location where no other map exists?

Also, cue obligatory "YM or Mangy or Ace will win, why even try" comment.

Oh right, my favourite. I just downloaded 19 of the Artpass maps to look at in more detail.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
History Lesson: Johnson became President after Lincoln was assassinated. The Radicals didn't like him, but needed a reason to impeach him. So the real reason he was impeached was because nobody liked him, but the legal reason was because he fired a cabinet member, breaking a law.

Now, I taught you this CaRteR, because if I were zpq, I would do the same. I wouldn't allow you to enter the contest late because of your attitude and blaming your inability to follow the rules on others. But I'd mark the reason down in the official papers as "Failure to submit map properly and on time" or something along those lines.

So he should assasinate ZPQ? :p

Why was this brought up in this thread anyway? The general artpass contest thread or even the FAQ thread would have been more suitable...

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
This part of the rules thread should made it pretty obvious that you post it into upload thread.

Does it say that you must submit it to the submission thread?

Does it even say, on this thread, that you must go to that submission thread and read the rules there?

Is it possible that a person could think that uploading a contest map to the contest section would suffice? When they hadn't read these rules?

But, the most obvious thing I'm asking is, why are you all acting like wolves? What does it matter to you so much to disqualify this? I would think that, in the interests of the fostering the community, and in the interest of fostering the spirit of competition and creativity, you would be inclined to interpret the language of the rules a bit - in a situation of unclarity - in favour of a creator?

I poured my heart into this map. To come this far, and to be disqualified for this, just borders on unbelieveable. It's like something from a Kafka or Orwell novel.

Show me what you are made of.

Last edited:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Does it say that you must submit it to the submission thread?

Does it even say, on this thread, that you must go to that submission thread and read the rules there?

Is it possible that a person could think that uploading a contest map to the contest section would suffice? When they hadn't read these rules?

But, the most obvious thing I'm asking is, why are you all acting like wolves? What does it matter to you so much to disqualify this? I would think that, in the interests of the fostering the community, and in the interest of fostering the spirit of competition and creativity, you would be inclined to interpret the language of the rules a bit - in a situation of unclarity - in favour of a creator?

I poured my heart into this map. To come this far, and to be disqualified for this, just borders on unbelieveable. It's like something from a Kafka or Orwell novel.

Show me what you are made of.

My question to you, why wouldn't you read the rules?

Also, I'd love for you to enter, more entries is good, but if all you're doing is bitching in threads and things then it puts you in a bad light. If you have message'd zpq let him take care of it, if he says you're not allowed in, you're not allowed in. Period. No need to kick up a shit storm.

Last edited: