Art Pass Club

AllInTw0

all in 2??? :D
Nov 25, 2022
Wow both of your submissions (AlrexX and Miki) look soo good! It puts mine to shame. Im not done yet but im sure it wont look as good

AlrexX [she/they]

do not forget your daily intake of booby pills
aa
Jul 31, 2019
Im not done yet but im sure it wont look as good
i'm sure it'll look awesome, from what i've seen your geometry is always great! remember we're always our own biggest critic :p

Paper Shadow

L2: Junior Member
Jul 22, 2016
Season One Week Five (0105): Have A Nice Fall
Area Reference: Connector with Death Pit
Difficulty: *

Pop Quiz: What is the first Official Team Fortress 2 map that uses a Death Pit? While you ponder your answer be sure you keep your footing as this map file has a Large Health Kit standing perilously next to a death pit and I'd hate for you to fall down before you finish your Art Pass. There is a few extra rooms to play with too and space to expand the map should you feel inspired too but the focus is the death pit room, so really go all out and design a place that will truly excite players to throw their virtual avatars down a steep drop.

The answer is Hydro, specifically the Power Plant vs Radar Dish configuration. Hydro truly was ahead of its time, huh?

20230909192025_1.jpg

Attachments

• apc_0105_deathpit_template.vmf
    362.8 KB · Views: 53

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Have you ever gotten into a flow, and when something pulls you out of it you realize you've started doing something entirely different from what you were going to do?

Because at some point in the last few hours I stopped doing APC 0105 and started recreating this spot in Bay City, MI.

apc_0105_deathpit_template0000.jpgapc_0105_deathpit_template0001.jpg

Definitely keeping what I've made so far, but I'm gonna start this over from scratch...

Last edited:

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Necomancing this thread because I loved where it was going. The death pit could have some really fun ideas, I'll work on one once I have the open time.

Miki

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2022
Season 1 Week 4 attempt; late due to sickness:

20240129050456_1.jpg
This one looks really good, it reminds me of early community maps with that gritty feel. You did great.

Since I’m here: I haven’t forgotten this thread, I actually had a 50% finished artpass of the latest entry but got wrapped up in other commitments. I went through 4 different themes that could work with a giant pit before deciding on a 5th cheery autumn one I do hope to share eventually. I’d share a pic, but I’ve been away from my desktop for a while and can’t do so. Glad to see the other contributions though.

Reas

L1: Registered
Oct 6, 2018
I have been playing Death Stranding for quite some while now and decided to remake one of the Distribution Centers into TF2 respawn room, some warehouse area
Снимок экрана (44).png

Снимок экрана (45).png

Снимок экрана (46).png

Снимок экрана (48).png
Are the textures used in this map (well most of them anyway) in the native TF2 files or is it custom? I especially like the floor texture.

Jan 20, 2019
Are the textures used in this map (well most of them anyway) in the native TF2 files or is it custom? I especially like the floor texture.
The wall textures are from Merc Park with $color parameter added to have slight blue tint (same with ground textures), the marking line overlays are from Frontline pack and there is small arrow in a box overlay from Extol pack