ARENA Arena_Gunz_Mansion

Jimmy Nicholls

L2: Junior Member
Feb 15, 2011
I appreciate you are trying some new stuff here but you do seem to be going about it the wrong way. I played this map and assumed it wasn't a serious venture.

I'm not saying you are a terrible mapper but this map is terrible. Quite plainly it does not work for TF2. We had a bit of a laugh jumping around it but now I know it's a port from another game some of the design choices do make sense.

That said I think given the right edits it could work. One option would be to cut out the gardens and the underground bit underneath the gardens. This map needs to be simplified. I suppose you could aim it at 32 man servers, but usually the best thing is to aim for something that works for 6v6 to 12v12. That way you know your map will work when the server isn't completely full.

If you were serious about making an A/D map my advice would be to bin this and start from scratch. It would be less work to redesign from scratch than pull this one into a workable A/D map.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Yes, but what he's saying is that your map (it sounded like you changed it, but not sure) WAS terrible, and that you should've rethinked/redesigned things.

Now if you changed it up, thats fine... BUT, if you are jumping from Arena to 5-8 CP to 3CP A/D... maybe you should stop and think about what you really/actually want to do. before posting anything more.

GoldenGirl

Banned
Feb 15, 2011
does the server can spawn hhh and is it posible to set hhh in a team?

GoldenGirl

Banned
Feb 15, 2011
is it posible to make an npc other than hhh? (im guessing it will require a mod or plugin and lot of work.)

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
The biggest question i have right now is, why there is Starbuck coffee ads everywhere?

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
They were placeholders for the models that she wants... stil... I think...

I see, tough i admit that when i first saw big STARBUCK COFFEE + Awesome smiley combo at the mid, i started laughing and got killed by scout.

Also, we did mini test today on the map, this map is way too big and overscaled, i think you guys need rebuild the map with right scale and think layout a lot, i can't see this turned into A/D CP map that easily.

GoldenGirl

Banned
Feb 15, 2011
i have to delay the map since i go to my grandparents for the weekend and i have to work on something next week.