Arctic

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
Needs brighter ambient. Can't distinguish red from blue. Main paths need more lighting.
More spotlights.
Pinker lighting maybe.

Maybe more distance between bases.

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
It looks like the A in Arctic_b5 is capitalized, which I think means Linux servers will be brought to their kneeeees!

Woah!

Also, I enjoyed the things we did because it was silly and stupid. I recommend lowering that balcony in stage 2 and making more signs in stage 3. Yep.

Altaco

Jul 3, 2008
It looks like the A in Arctic_b5 is capitalized, which I think means Linux servers will be brought to their kneeeees!

Woah!

Also, I enjoyed the things we did because it was silly and stupid. I recommend lowering that balcony in stage 2 and making more signs in stage 3. Yep.

Arctic is only capitalized in the thread title.

Lockhart

L2: Junior Member
Sep 1, 2009
Overall looks really good. Just watch out for line of sight issues along the railways as you tend to have a very straight section where players can see almost to the other side. (Not necessarily bad just problematic)

Altaco

Jul 3, 2008
Prettyifying!
plr_arctic_a60009.jpg

plr_arctic_a60010.jpg

plr_arctic_a60011.jpg

I'm also revamping the middle area.

Altaco

Jul 3, 2008
Was this on gameday today? B/c those last screenshots do not look like the map we played :/

It was on at the end of gameday, but this is the version I'm working on right now, not the one you played.

TPG: I'm working on that snow as we speak, replacing the placeholder snow with pretty snow.

Last edited:

evanonline

Mar 15, 2009
Though this is the least far along of the contest maps, I really like the layout and in general it plays well, and the overall concept is fun. I hope you stick with it! It's still in need of work, but every flaw I could list has been pointed out already.

SPHinx

L2: Junior Member
Aug 29, 2009
Played this one yesterday. I also remember playing it months ago in its early-early phase. Took my a while to recognize it actually.

I like the texturing so far. And it was a lot of fun. Probably the most fun of the 4 maps that I got to test yesterday.

I will say, however, that the last round may be a bit too long. I like all the various legs (or areas) to push the track through. But taken all together, it takes quite a while to get to the final point. And if one team gets behind, it seems like they stand little chance if any to catch up. Maybe just a taste thing.

All in all, very enjoyable. Looking forward to the future releases.