Anyone want to convert Minecraft particles?

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Pocket, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    This is a long shot, but remember that fan who recreated Mann Manor in Minecraft for a Let's Play show? I've been working on turning that, in turn, into a functional TF2 map for them to hopefully play during their Halloween special. I did all the texture and model conversions myself, but one thing I don't know beans about is particle effects. I need someone who understands such things to recreate the particle effects from the game:

Torch flames and smoke
    Fire smoke
    Portal magic
    TNT explosions

If you're interested, I'll provide you with a copy of the map and all its assets for testing purposes, including VTFs of the sprite sheets, as well as the Minecraft world I built to compare it to.

Also, yes I know someone on Facepunch already made a pack of Minecraft stuff for Source. The scale is wrong and it's out of date and I want to use point-sampled textures.

2. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Exactol

aa Exactol Certified Hammer Hacker

Positive Ratings:
    I'd be willing to do it if Izotope's thing doesn't work out

4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Awesome! The ones Izotope linked were an even more inaccurate scale (I use 48, which is objectively correct according to both player camera height and minimum head clearance). I would have replied a week ago but when I started putting together a basic test map I got distracted by all the other things I still needed to do.

I'll PM you the asset pack and test map as soon as Dropbox finished uploading them.