Airdrop

MVM Airdrop rc3

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Airdrop - Mann versus machine map set in the" city/millitary base" styled location

Be warned though - that thing is my second map, so proceed with caution...

With that being said, welcome to the "Airdrop", pretty strange map.

Features:

2 tank pathes, Bot spawns that allow bots to drop down from the air on B.A.S.E. Jumper chutes.

Got 2 pop files for the map, 1 is "example" to show stuff that map features, like functioning nav_avoid for bobm carrier, 2 tanks and that "drop down from the sky" thingie.

2nd pop file is kind of imbalanced mission, would need some feedback on it.

In case of any problems with map feel free to contact me.

Bazooks

L2: Junior Member
Dec 31, 2016
Robots can't use B.A.S.E Jumpers.

Dayal

L3: Member
Feb 8, 2017
Is there a way to make them not immediately jump back into the air, though?

Them jumping back in the air is an attribute you can apply to them. Similair to what the Samurai Demo bots use. You can vary the interval when the bots will jump again, it can be 10 seconds, 5 seconds, even a minute. As long as bots know that they will drop a long distance, bots will deploy the BASE Jumper. So bots don't necessarly need to use the autojump attribute in order to deploy the chute.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Update for crappy map has been released:

- Shrinked down some parts
- Reworked some lighting, made environment lighting more white, so orange textures are orange and gray textures are gray.
- Small additions, such as lifted spawn for players.
- Temporary skybox added
- Added custom sound.
- Added another spawnpoint for bots.

Pop file updates:
- As was concluded in test, mission was kind of broken when targeting relays, problem was fixed, so now bots will change their bomb path after wave finishes. Probably. Well, that was embarassing.
- Still can't decide if the mission that's called "normal" as of now belong actually to the normal difficulty or advanced. Kind of planned to make it advanced, so...
- Wave 2 still consists of 1 Giant scout and small scout supports to carry the bomb.
- Added new 5th, old 5th wave now is 6th.
- In 1st wave, Heavies now supposed to spawn with Buff soldiers, buff soldiers got extended rage time up to 900%. Also, they also spawn with bunch of Quick fix medics.

Known problems
- There's still lack of curvature and lot of open space on main routes. I kind of have no idea what to add there to kind of splice it up. May I ask your suggestions?
- Can't make bomb unable to get reset through being dropped for long enough time, setting timer to 0 or -1 makes it warp back to the spawn once carrier is killed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
The skybox in your map has not been scaled correctly, I believe the reason why is when scaling you didn't turn on texture lock and texture scaling lock. I found this guide helpful when making my first 3d skyboxes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40oIyq5IWPk&t=277s&list=LLABvpBLtfjZorJ0O6uLQy3g&index=5

Yes, I didn't scale up properly textures in skybox since I was unsure if map's layout was finished, since it would need some improvements and rework as latest tests on Potato's servers have shown.

Pardon for that laziness, I just thought why would I need to bother myself with texture scaling if skybox will be changed in future versions. Once I'll make sure that everything works fine in gameplay terms (I really went careless with those giant sniper sightlines), then probably I'll make some proper skybox.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Map:

Redone structure of the map. Now it's supposed to be more like origninal
mvm maps. (Features "spine")

Removed "set back pit".

Added flank nav entities for bots.

PROPSPAM.

Removed some parts of 3d skybox, and by some parts, I mean whole skybox.

Missions:

Renamed original mission into advanced. It was advanced before, though I didn't bother to name it like so. Well, to avoid any further confusion...

Replaced 2nd wave with 5th one.
Made proper engineer missions.

4th wave now randomly chooses melee heavies (Steel gauntlet, GRU, KGB), instead of pure steel gauntlet spam.

1th wave - replaced buff banner soldiers with backup variants. Using crit canteens on those would be a waste of muneh.

Nerfed boss scout. Really, I made dumb decision with making him too OP. Probably now he's underpowered. As always.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Got some feedback from a4.
Changes:

Map

Added more lighting, reworked existing lighting.

Added more PROPSPAM, in that case light poles.

"Fixed" some of the "levitating" props.

Tweaked nav mesh.

Mission

Fixed issue in 1st wave when counter improperly shows bot count.

Made "Waitbetweenspawns" longer for bots.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Map updated:

Added nav avoids for Giant bots.

"Detailed" spawnroom.

No more dev textures in "game areas", though there are still some outside of the map. Would need to nodraw them, it seems.

Known problems: Bots take fall damage when getting off main "ledge".

Mission updates:

Added normal difficulty mission. 5th wave is very... Unusual, probably.

Some fixes in advanced mission.

Last edited:

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Or make ledge lower. Problem is, some of the problems get noticed right after update to map was posted.

Bazooks

L2: Junior Member
Dec 31, 2016
Or make ledge lower. Problem is, some of the problems get noticed right after update to map was posted.
That kinda solves it, but if you make it like that, you can only make the ledge 269 HU, at highest. More than that and robots will receive fall damage. Furthermore, Demoknights, that just like to charge a lot will receive fall damage if you make it 269 HU or only a little less than that.

Just make the respawnroom bigger than the ledge, but don't extend it's height. It kinda works.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Oops, appears I was wrong, just did another test with 1hp bots, noone died when walking off the ledge. Seems like that migh've been the issue only when bot got "pushed" back onto the ledge, after what their spawn protection wears off the moment they leave it, without lasting for few seconds as if they left spawnroom entity for the first time. Pardon for kind of useless bumping here.

Thanks for help anyway.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Did minor changes to map, mainly to make sure that bots won't get stuck in some places.

Map changes:
- Reworked central area a bit so giants won't get stuck between vent and wooden plank.

- Reworked nav as well.

- Tried to reduce count of levitating sandbags by filling them with sand that's actually heavier than air.

- Added new skybox.

- Started detailing some stuff. Map still is ugly as hell.

- Replaced all of dev textures with nodraw. Now map takes less memory.

- Disabled collisions with prop doors and corkboards. As well as fixed some of the playerclips.

Pop file changes:

- Now normal mission isn't "advanced2" in disguise:

Removed samurai bots from first wave.

Added spy supports in second wave

"Balanced" sniper's numbers

Nerfed tanks' health from 30k to 20k (Applies to every tank in mission)

Replaced blast giants with spammer soldiers.

Replaced giant medics with 3 usual quick fix medics.

Reduced count of "Expert"/"Hard" bots.

Replaced Demo giants in 5th wave on usual Demos. They still got their usual abilities, though. As well as ~1.35 scale.

Adjusted muneh. earnings.

- Advanced improvements:

Reduced quickfix medics on 1st wave from 2 per squad to 1.

Replaced Backup soldiers with Conch ones.

Replaced engineers on wave 2 with spies

Nerfed Sniper's SMG fire rate on 2nd wave. (Though item description shows "+100% firerate". Don't trust it)

Removed crits from heavies on 3rd wave

Replaced primaries of scouts with melee on 3rd wave

Engineers on wave 4 now place teleporters. (1/3 chance that engineer will teleport in as well)

Upped count of max active support scouts on wave 5.

Adjusted muneh earnings.

(Didn't update screenshots for the map as of now.)

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Map Changes:

- Added Forward Upgrade Station (FUS)

- Started detailing stuff.

- Added poor cover near bot spawn

- Redid displacement on bot's "ledge", so it isn't possible anymore to launch bots back on spawn with Loose cannon. I think it isn't possible, not sure though.

- Redid lighting as well.

Mission Changes:

- Tried to make missions a bit more tough. I guess I failed

Last edited:

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Decided to spoil people over here, and so I got video demonstrating how stuff works around here. (Pop file that's used here is Example one, it's just here to test bot/tank pathing and that said airdrop function.)

Edit:
No more spoilers.

Last edited:

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Map Changes:

- More crates near Turretless Tank™, so now there's possibility to get closer to alternative bot spawn without crouch-jumping.

- Added fog in skybox

- Added more "breathing room" for giants. Basically, I just moved 1 lightpole somewhere else. Yeah. That's it.

- Adjusted nav file

- Moved teleporter hints away from walls and stuff, now giant aren't supposed to get stuck when teleporting through those teletraps. (Though I didn't test all teleporter spawns, so there still might be posibility that 1.75 scaled bots would get stuck)

Pop file changes:

- Advanced overhaul. And by overhaul, I mean I added more botspam. And Air Strikes.

- Changed bot timing on wave 4 in Normal mode.

- Replaced Crossbows with syringes for Medics on that said wave.