Accessing new features based on post count

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I just hit 500 posts, but neither blogging nor server upload is available. Are these features awarded manually, or am I doing something wrong? :unsure:

EDIT: Well, now blogging is available, but still no server uploading.

Last edited:

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Quick question: are some posts not counted? I swear on more than one occasion my post count has dropped from a previous visit. It's not a huge deal, but I try to be respectable with my posting and not spam. Just wondered if there was some ruleset I wasn't aware of when the site counted my posts.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I've noticed the same thing, my post count goes down. (this is probably my 5th 384th post)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Off-topic posts do not count. The reasoning behind this is since at 500 post count user will gain membership privileges we wanted more of the posts to be helpful and not so much spam in the OT.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Wait wait wait, I consider the rock paper scissors thread to be extremely helpful. I mean, not only does it challenge your cognitive abilities by forcing you to solve the complex game of rock, paper, scissors, but it also provides some greats laughs. Also, I appear to have won the thread with the use of duct take :-D

Psyphil

L3: Member
Nov 6, 2007
I still want a members list though, its a right pain getting everyones username right in PMs without a members list. Or is there one I've not found?

I second that! I've been looking too without any result. :(

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
i will try and give it another attempt for our redirect, but uploading to the game server will be a no go. sorry guys.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
So what's the point? We still have to bug an admin to get our map on the server, but we can get our bz2 on some remote unspecified address? =/

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
if you have over 500 posts, you can use the sv_download url redirect for free to host on your own servers. not to mention it cuts the admins uploads by half.