Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
90 Degree I-Beams:

*Contains models to fit over 128, 256 and 512 unit geometry
*Collision mesh included
*6 skins
*1.4 mb uncompressed for all files (pack only what you need!)
*Polycount per model: 884 Triangles

Please read the readme included for credit info.

Thanks!

ibeamshow01.jpg

ibeamshow02b.jpg

ibeamshow03.jpg

ibeamshow04.jpg

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
That's a beaut. Can you make the teamcoloured ones more intesne, though?

Right now they look pink and green.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Oh yes, don't forget, if you need a custom fit, tell me the units, I'll try to fill that as soon as I can.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
wow thats actually crazy, these would be perfect for my next map. If your willing to do custom fits, then I will definitely bother you later :p

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I didn't notice these in Operative, were they there? I ask because from a structural standpoint they don't make a whole lot of sense. I can't think of a proper use for such a shape. o_O

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
That's a beaut. Can you make the teamcoloured ones more intesne, though?

Right now they look pink and green.

The difference is slight, but yes, take a look:

colorcomparison.jpg

I'm also using these colors from the TF2 palette:

paletteshow.jpg

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I didn't notice these in Operative, were they there? I ask because from a structural standpoint they don't make a whole lot of sense. I can't think of a proper use for such a shape. o_O

No, they weren't in operative. And structurally, they don't make a whole lot of sense. I'm not a structural engineer. o_O

But, they would hold up a floor/wall combination at 90 degrees. Or a ceiling/wall combo as well.

Last edited:

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
Can you make ones that bend the other way? So that they structrually make sense?

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
Good point. =P

I dunno, I suppose I would not. I'm just throwing it out there.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I can use these, thanks for the added spytech props Rexy.

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
Very nicely done. I could picture these being used to wrap around a bundle of pipes that enter a room from one wall and go out the other, with the I-beams dividing up them up into three separate portions. Or even to support a skybox (as in stadium) looking down onto some big piece of spytech.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
yus, some great work you delieverd there :)
you mapping guys better start using all these support beams :D

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
July 12: Fixed the collision meshes...Lightwave's SMD exporter doesn't like to create correct collision meshes or animated sequences...despite my love for the software, I had to use the free XSI mod tool to export working collision meshes for these models.

Updated the download file...if you downloaded these models, I suggest you update your files to the newest version. With this fix, you'll be able to walk through the negative spaces of the model, should you want to. Previously, the collision mesh doesn't work this way.

Example:

ibeamshow06.jpg

Last edited:

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Sorry, this new layout is still a bit confusing to get used to. I thought it was recently posted.
It's very easy to see when the threads were posted, I'd appreciate you being more careful when you reply to threads.

ethosaur

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 18, 2010
It's very easy to see when the threads were posted, I'd appreciate you being more careful when you reply to threads.
Apologies, I will pay more attention. But why do old things show up on front page, like volkar and some other old maps, I automatically assumed since it was on front page it was new/being worked on.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Apologies, I will pay more attention. But why do old things show up on front page, like volkar and some other old maps, I automatically assumed since it was on front page it was new/being worked on.
Since we just ported over to the new site everything is listed as new.

Pay attention to the post dates and you'll be fine.