KotH 72_crash

MetalKev

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2012
Hey crash
I haven't been present for any testing of the maps (which seems a shame as this looks really well designed) but I ran around the map as a sniper to test what you said about sightliness.

H4v12.jpg

This spot seems pretty well balanced. The cover on the point is effective as it should be, and the dropoff leaves the sniper really well isolated. If you are still concerned about this spot then you could add length to the bottom of the wood plank with the "DO NOT ENTER" sign on it.

5dvcm.jpg

If any sniper position is broken on the map its probably this one. At the very least this is where I'd choose to sniper from 8/10 times. The cover on the point has way less effect and the main route is a straight line through the scopes.
Its worth noting that while this is probably the best sniper spot I don't think its OP. What you wrote about flanking routes is right on the money, and there is enough paths around this position that any coordinated team shouldn't lose more than 1-2 people to a sniper here before going around. It does require teams to take out the sniper to cap though, as any decent sniper could kill anyone on the cap, but having to wait for snipers to be down to stack the point is pretty normal for highlander and seems balanced for that game type at the very least.
I like the spam window you placed overlooking the space behind the granary crate, and I think if you were thinking of nerfing this location you could make this spam window a bit bigger to give demomen more room to hit the sniper perch or make a perch inside the building for soldiers to send rocket spam out of that window. Just a thought.

Hopefully I didn't ramble for too much, and I'm happy to clarify anything you need me to. You should put this up for more highlander testing, cause I wanna play it!

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I'm glad others are seeing the same thing I did when designing it. I was worried I was missing something glaringly obvious about it.

Hopefully the next Highlander testing will have this on it! Thanks for the kind words and feedback!

I am honestly getting a bit worried about making it past the preliminaries, though. Not sure how many maps are going to end up going through. I am concerned this has been a bit overlooked by some, as I feel the map is pretty solid, although I'm pretty biased.