05/04 - 05/05 calculatedChaos playTest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Gentlemen, as much as I appreciate a good debate, I must ask that you try to keep it civil ;) Having never been to a playtest on the Chaos server, I can't vouch either way. However, as these things usually go, both sides probly have some merit. Try to keep that in mind the next time around, as we all share the common goal of pimping custom TF2 :D

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
this is one of the reasons I was kind of swaying on not allowing 'non-tf2maps.net' sanctioned events on the forums.

un-surprisingly enough, that thought is creeping back.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Gentlemen, as much as I appreciate a good debate, I must ask that you try to keep it civil ;) Having never been to a playtest on the Chaos server, I can't vouch either way. However, as these things usually go, both sides probly have some merit. Try to keep that in mind the next time around, as we all share the common goal of pimping custom TF2 :D

I happen to think that it did stay civil :p

To be perfectly honest I was awaiting the response to Shmitz's last post...

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
drpepper,

Please don't limit posts to TF2maps.net events only. There are other servers that can help fill in like cC does at times when tf2maps isn't running events.

This one is also a solid reliable grounds for testing, it can only help. You really shouldn't limit options just because 2 people disagree.

I don't think any posts in this thread have really gone beyond personal disagreement, it's not like an open flame war that'll tear apart the community has started.

----------
Like I said before. No server is perfect, especially for testing.

Grim can attest to that. He's probably caught more crap (from me too) about BOTG's being confusing or whatever, but we continued to test new versions and he kept an open mind (I'm sure he got frustrated at times too) but he never got pissed about it. Testing can be difficult for any mapper/player, if people on cC don't like a map maybe it needs changes, maybe cC will just stop playing...

It sucks to put time and effort into a map and have people dislike it but that's mapping. Some of the more played maps (like warpath) imo don't deserve the playtime/recognition they get. Others do but don't get it. Luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.