The year is 197X, and the mercs are fighting Gray Mann's robot onslaught on the moon because I needed a reason to use the theme.
Now, about the map itself:
This was a map I started in January using an alpine theme ala Mannworks, but it just felt off to me. I then switched to the moon theme and it felt much better. The original layout was really shit and overscaled though, so I decided to basically start from scratch and remake it for the 72hr jam, albeit not entering it.
I built the map around a gimmick that once the bomb reaches past the certain point, the robot spawn moves up as well as a second bomb being deployed. Other than that, it's just a normal MvM map.
Changes for the future:
- Get rid of that garbage sightline from RED spawn to the forward robot spawn.
- Change the long narrow pathway near the beginning of the map.
- Spectator cameras.
- Engineer support.
- The bomb crosses again after the bridge/ravine instead of going straight.
- (MAYBE) The second bomb takes the opposite path of the first bomb.
- Potato's MVM Servers: For giving me a place to test with easy access to servers and players.
- A Boojum Snark's Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack: Self-explanatory.
- More to come as I need to give them out.
One final note: If the popfile does not work when just placed in scripts/population, make a new subdirectory for it in custom with "foldername"/scrips/population.