After having tested the map in a different way due to the TFMaps servers having trouble, I am happy to announce that I have gathered the confidence to release Rust Belt to the public as a "finished map".
Release Changelog is not the longest and isnt very different to B12 since little issues in my eyes were at hand, but there is still some stuff.
- Optimized the map a little bit, especially the second point.
- Disabled clipping for more ""wall"" props.
- Clipped a variety of...
Rust Belt RC1
Payload Map in the style of Mannhattan
- Added an invisible barricade so players arent able to just shoot over the wall to C
- Aligned a few textures
- Removed collisions on a certain prop
- Removed barrels at Last under the lil' space to prevent very sneaky Sniper spots
Turns out that B11 had a nasty exploit which allowed you to leave the map, per usual, this is the hotfix. However it also brings a few very very minor changes I noticed and wanted to fix.
- Incredibly small detailing adjustments here and there
- Lowered the windows at the first point so its easier to shoot fellas on the low ground
- Added an extra way to get to the highground at Second
That's about it!
- Fixed some missing patches
- Fixed spectator camera stuck in prop
- Added a few props at the first spawn to block certain Sniper sightlines
- Adjusted timing on points to ensure maximum balance
- Added an extra sign
Alright folks, I'm confident; I'm ready. This will surely be the last test before I finally release this god damn map to the broader public.
See ya next imp. I'll be there; watching. Judging. Experiencing.
Welcome to B10, hopefully addressing most if not all non-visual complaints.
I tried supports on Last - it looks weird. I shall not do em!
As far as the rest goes, this update primarily focused on BLU's first spawn and overall map balance. So let's dive in.
- Reworked BLU spawn area a bit - There is now an extra exit, alongside of cute windows and moved resupply cabs. This should not only make camping BLU more difficult for RED, but should give BLU an edge in the first few...
Welcome to probably the last Beta of Rust Belt! The last one was supposed to be it, but because of a variety of complicated issues (who couldve expected the map logic to break out of all things?) - But those are gladly fixed now!
- Updated lighting a bit/fog so it feels more like a stanky city
- HDR Support! Experience dark rooms even darker now, and feel the sun burn your skin away!
- Fixed a displacement issue
- Fixed map logic breaking when a cart would roll back to...
Last version had a fairly big exploit allowing players to leave the entire map and get into the big city(tm)
This update is just a quick-fix to that.
Welcome to B8 - probably the last beta unless things go terribly wrong.
This update mostly focused on fixing several thousand visual quirks and oddities, while also adding a cool whistle when a point gets capped, so there is that. Let's get into the patchnotes, though:
- Fixed several lighting issues scattered around the map.
- Removed the tiny room at the third cap because it was relatively redundant
- Adjusted Respawn times for Last
- Added an area under the highground at...
Keeping up the streak we are here with me essentially almost finishing my "To do" list before deeming the map finished(tm). Thus, our update brings us:
- Soundscapes! Begone, silent map, hello seagulls, car noises, and sea gulls!
- 20% increase in clipping
- Expanded a few fences around the second cap to make holding it easier as RED. This is kinda experimental.
- Adjusted some health pack/ammo pack sizes. Again.
- More optimization
- Fixed a few tiny things in the skybox
- Fixed a few...
B5 is here, officially changing the name from a bad pun to "Rust Belt". I initially wanted to name it Flint, as it's quick and a cool word, but given the political drama surrounding it, I chose against that.
Either way, here is the Patch log:
- Changed name from Destroit to Rust Belt
- A bunch of clipping! Really, you shouldn't get stuck anywhere now, try it!
- Adjusted respawn time of RED for Last
- Added spectator cameras, including a grinder cam.
- Removed a door at the third point as it...
Page 1 of 2