TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Last edited:

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Mine seems to be working fine, though?

2016-07-22_00-22-35.jpg
strange, I couldn't. still, I wish you good luck.

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
UPD:
Well, it seems like we have quite low chances of actually getting MvM server to test, so...
I got my private Norwegian server, but two things -
1) Password i say you might change to limit players in and/or end the test
2) It might get a little laggy.

Tests done it i'll announce in Steam Group Chat and in Mumble server.
Let's hope we wont get lagg-ish enough for people to ragequit.

action

L2: Junior Member
Jul 11, 2016
Listening to the Kazotsky Kick 10 Hour loop and waiting for 6 PM.Anyone else?

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Whew! Lots of questions to answer! This'll be in two posts because of how the quote function works.

Ill pose a scene of some sort about frontline or mayan or something like that.

GMod Posing is fine.

Mine seems to be working fine, though?

I'm no expert, but I think the issue is that the unix timecode given in Geit's post will count down to the end of the last jam, unless you change it. I made a post updating Geit's instructions with the correct timecode - it's the first question in the FAQ.

UPD:
Well, it seems like we have quite low chances of actually getting MvM server to test, so...
I got my private Norwegian server, but two things -
1) Password i say you might change to limit players in and/or end the test
2) It might get a little laggy.

Tests done it i'll announce in Steam Group Chat and in Mumble server.
Let's hope we wont get lagg-ish enough for people to ragequit.

I'm glad to hear it's up and running! If you're having trouble finding players let me know - i can bully people in chat or announce.

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010
Heh, it shows up in the server list now. Guess the server update happened and didn't break stuff?

Server Update

We've got the US server back up and running, and the old EU server - so make sure you use the right IP address! The uploader is working, but waiting on the DNS to update. That's out of our hands, but should be done within about twelve hours.

Just curious, but if my texturer doesn't finish by the end of the contest am I allowed to upload a model with no texture?
Will it be okay if my map was in an alpha or beta stage by the time the jam is over?
Both of these are fine.

Is there's a possibility to make a playtest of my map in tf2maps servers during the 72hrs?
Yes! Best way is to join the steam chat and ask in there. It's super easy, and we'll be running playtests pretty much 100% of the time.

Whew! Anything else?

DeleteMyAccount

L1: Registered
Apr 8, 2016
Do you just say you want to take part and that's it? And you don't have to stream it do you?

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
I mean, if you'll be all time in Steam Group chat/ TF2M Mumble i'm sure no-one will accuse you of cheating.
Do you just say you want to take part and that's it? And you don't have to stream it do you?