TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
Looks like my koth map is going to come out a little more generic. Originally I was going to use the tf_player_add_condition or whatnot to give all the players a different mannpower after each capture (not the annoying ones like virus, shield, reflect, etc). I was curious what would happen if you attempted to drop said powerup and quickly realized that this is not going to work if players can drop their powers. It does not help that the dropped powers do not despawn.

If anyone knows a solution id be more than happy to try it out. Until then im going to focus on making a nice little koth map with a fun finale at the end.

the_rad

L1: Registered
Sep 6, 2015
I basically got everything prepared. I have the assets, the library, a plan and a concept. I'm just waiting for that clock starts the countdown.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
I basically got everything prepared. I have the assets, the library, a plan and a concept. I'm just waiting for that clock starts the countdown.
lucky you, I got everything but the layout, but hey. inspiration strikes whenever right?

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
i woke up and instantly knew exactly what i wanted
extremely luck you.
Got to tf2, take some inspiration from the actual maps. Do like 2-3 draft. Is the best advice that I can give
to be fair, yeah, but how many maps are multi-stage Payload or MSPL. besides Hoodoo (which YM [and friends] made), I cant think of any.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Hoodoo, Gold Rush, Thunder Mountain
derp, I had forgotten about those two. oh yeah, I have gotten into another argument with someone over the internets... but strangely it isn't politics, sex, or religion. its how to build a shock net and the science behind it in Subnautica. I'm not kidding you, for the past several hours, we have been arguing how to build one, how it would affect the game, and what does that do to the player. its an argument to better something and by god its working to science the hell out of plant fibers, batteries, and life. woohoo science. in other news, I am mixing Halloween with Foundry.

edit: I'm serious, this science is amazing.

Aquadango

L2: Junior Member
May 21, 2016
Is there a way to have that clock overlay on a stream?

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Dug up Geit's old (re)post about how to use the clock overlay, should be all valid still?

Reposting this:

So, there's a new countdown for this 72hr contest - it's much larger so it should look a little nicer when it's scaled about in your streams, it's also slightly more customizable than the old one.

It looks like this:
zSbUXq.jpg

Some steps

Here are some of the customization options available, these work by appending to the URL's Query String (these are case sensitive!):
  • noaudio stops audio from playing
  • targetTime changes the time the countdown is counting down to. Use the following values for the alternate weekends:
    • 18th Jan- 1453140000
    • 25th Jan -1453744800
    • Any other unix timestamp within the next 24.8 days should work.
  • TVImage - A Link to an image to use as the TV background
  • TVColor - The background color of the TV, set to transparent if you'd like to put something dynamic under the screen in your stream.
  • transform - Advanced, this uses CSS transforms to allow you to change the size, rotation and shape of the countdown. You can use any of the values here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_transform.asp - for example "transform=rotate(-10deg) translate(0, 50px)" gives the clock a slight rotation. You will need to modify the height/width to make this fit.
Example link: http://magic.geit.uk/countdown/new_...ttp://geit.uk/uploads/tv_bg.png&TVColor=black

Aquadango

L2: Junior Member
May 21, 2016

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Swordfish also brought this up, careful, if you don't have the time setup, it wont work.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Swordfish also brought this up, careful, if you don't have the time setup, it wont work.

If I recall, that's only if you are doing it at a different time. By default it should work fine. @Geit would know for sure, though!

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
If I recall, that's only if you are doing it at a different time. By default it should work fine. @Geit would know for sure, though!
No, I was referring to the actual timer, it wont load properly without a designated end time. so I had to get the Unix code for both the normal jam time (as it should work, if it doesn't work properly, I could always make an alarm at the end time from my phone) and my local time. derp, I know what you are trying to say, and I was trying to say, Swordfish brought up Geit's post on an earlier page